Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to IL-1 beta
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-IL-1 beta antibody
See all IL-1 beta primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to IL-1 beta
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Does not react with: Human, Non human primates
- Recombinant mouse IL-1 beta protein (ab9723) can be used as a positive control in WB.
General notesEndotoxin Level: <0.1EUs per ug.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Constituents: 0.27% Potassium phosphate, 0.88% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab150777 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 31 kDa.|
FunctionPotent proinflammatory cytokine. Initially discovered as the major endogenous pyrogen, induces prostaglandin synthesis, neutrophil influx and activation, T-cell activation and cytokine production, B-cell activation and antibody production, and fibroblast proliferation and collagen production. Promotes Th17 differentiation of T-cells.
Tissue specificityExpressed in activated monocytes/macrophages (at protein level).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IL-1 family.
modificationsActivation of the IL1B precursor involves a CASP1-catalyzed proteolytic cleavage. Processing and secretion are temporarily associated.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm, cytosol. Lysosome. Secreted, exosome. Cytoplasmic vesicle, autophagosome. Secreted. The precursor is cytosolic. In response to inflammasome-activating signals, such as ATP for NLRP3 inflammasome or bacterial flagellin for NLRC4 inflammasome, cleaved and secreted. IL1B lacks any known signal sequence and the pathway(s) of its secretion is(are) not yet fully understood (PubMed:24201029). On the basis of experimental results, several unconventional secretion mechanisms have been proposed. 1. Secretion via secretory lysosomes: a fraction of CASP1 and IL1B precursor may be incorporated, by a yet undefined mechanism, into secretory lysosomes that undergo Ca(2+)-dependent exocytosis with release of mature IL1B (PubMed:15192144). 2. Secretory autophagy: IL1B-containing autophagosomes may fuse with endosomes or multivesicular bodies (MVBs) and then merge with the plasma membrane releasing soluble IL1B or IL1B-containing exosomes (PubMed:24201029). However, autophagy impacts IL1B production at several levels and its role in secretion is still controversial. 3. Secretion via exosomes: ATP-activation of P2RX7 leads to the formation of MVBs containing exosomes with entrapped IL1B, CASP1 and other inflammasome components. These MVBs undergo exocytosis with the release of exosomes. The release of soluble IL1B occurs after the lysis of exosome membranes (By similarity). 4. Secretion by microvesicle shedding: activation of the ATP receptor P2RX7 may induce an immediate shedding of membrane-derived microvesicles containing IL1B and possibly inflammasome components. The cytokine is then released in the extracellular compartment after microvesicle lysis (PubMed:11728343). 5. Release by translocation through permeabilized plasma membrane. This may occur in cells undergoing pyroptosis due to sustained activation of the inflammasome (By similarity). These mechanisms may not be not mutually exclusive.
- Information by UniProt
- Catabolin antibody
- H1 antibody
- IFN beta inducing factor antibody
ab150777 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Lu Y et al. Sertraline ameliorates inflammation in CUMS mice and inhibits TNF-a-induced inflammation in microglia cells. Int Immunopharmacol 67:119-128 (2019). PubMed: 30544065
- Gu C et al. Role of the thioredoxin interacting protein in diabetic nephropathy and the mechanism of regulating NOD-like receptor protein 3 inflammatory corpuscle. Int J Mol Med 43:2440-2450 (2019). PubMed: 31017263
- Liao H et al. Comparison of Inhibitory Effects of Safflower Decoction and Safflower Injection on Protein and mRNA Expressions of iNOS and IL-1ß in LPS-Activated RAW264.7 Cells. J Immunol Res 2019:1018274 (2019). PubMed: 31198790
- Dong X et al. Triiodothyronine alleviates alcoholic liver disease injury through the negative regulation of the NLRP3 signaling pathway. Exp Ther Med 16:1866-1872 (2018). PubMed: 30186412
- Yang Y et al. Carnosine Prevents Type 2 Diabetes-Induced Osteoarthritis Through the ROS/NF-?B Pathway. Front Pharmacol 9:598 (2018). PubMed: 29928231
- Ma X et al. Paeonia lactiflora Pall. regulates the NF-?B-NLRP3 inflammasome pathway to alleviate cholestasis in rats. J Pharm Pharmacol 70:1675-1687 (2018). PubMed: 30277564
- Ma J et al. MiR-590-3p Attenuates Acute Kidney Injury by Inhibiting Tumor Necrosis Factor Receptor-Associated Factor 6 in Septic Mice. Inflammation N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30392071