Product nameAnti-IL-11 antibody
See all IL-11 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to IL-11
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Macaque monkey
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human IL-11 aa 1-100 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- Purchase matching WB positive control:Recombinant human IL-11 protein
- This antibody gave a positive signal in Human Plasma Total Protein.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab76589 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 27 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 21 kDa).|
FunctionDirectly stimulates the proliferation of hematopoietic stem cells and megakaryocyte progenitor cells and induces megakaryocyte maturation resulting in increased platelet production.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IL-6 superfamily.
- Information by UniProt
- Adipogenesis inhibitory factor antibody
- AGIF antibody
- IL 11 antibody
Anti-IL-11 antibody (ab76589) at 1 µg/ml + Human Plasma Total Protein Lysate at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 21 kDa
Observed band size: 27 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 105 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 15 minutes
The 27 kDa band observed is comparable to the molecular weight seen with other commercially available antibodies to IL-11.
This product has been referenced in:
- Marthandan S et al. Similarities in Gene Expression Profiles during In Vitro Aging of Primary Human Embryonic Lung and Foreskin Fibroblasts. Biomed Res Int 2015:731938 (2015). WB . Read more (PubMed: 26339636) »
- Jiang Y et al. Downregulation of SPARC expression inhibits the invasion of human trophoblast cells in vitro. PLoS One 8:e69079 (2013). WB . Read more (PubMed: 23935929) »