Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to IL-12
- Suitable for: Sandwich ELISA, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: unknown
Product nameAnti-IL-12 antibody
See all IL-12 primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to IL-12
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Sandwich ELISA, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Highly pure (>98%) recombinant hIL-12 (human Interleukin-12)
- WB: Recombinant human IL-12 p40 protein (ab9993).
Although some customers have been successful in IHC we no longer batch test in this application.
FormLyophilized:Reconstitute with 200µl of sterile water. Please note that if you receive this product in liquid form it has already been reconstituted as described and no further reconstitution is necessary
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
No preservative, sterile filtered
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Light chain typeunknown
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9992 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Sandwich ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
To detect hIL-12 by sandwich ELISA (using 100 μl/well antibody solution) a concentration of 0.5 - 2.0 μg/ml of this antibody is required. This antigen affinity purified antibody, in conjunction with ab83448 as a detection antibody, allows the detection of at least 0.2 - 0.4 ng/well of recombinant hIL-12.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. To detect hIL-12 by Western Blot analysis this antibody can be used at a concentration of 0.1 - 0.2 µg/ml. Used in conjunction with compatible secondary reagents the detection limit for recombinant hIL-12 is 1.5 - 3.0 ng/lane, under either reducing or non-reducing conditions.|
FunctionCytokine that can act as a growth factor for activated T and NK cells, enhance the lytic activity of NK/lymphokine-activated Killer cells, and stimulate the production of IFN-gamma by resting PBMC.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IL-6 superfamily.
- Information by UniProt
- CLMF antibody
- CLMF p35 antibody
- CLMF p40 antibody
ab9992 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Cousin C et al. The immunosuppressive enzyme IL4I1 promotes FoxP3(+) regulatory T lymphocyte differentiation. Eur J Immunol 45:1772-82 (2015). PubMed: 25778793
- Al-Sammak F et al. Gastric Epithelial Expression of IL-12 Cytokine Family in Helicobacter pylori Infection in Human: Is it Head or Tail of the Coin? PLoS One 8:e75192 (2013). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 24069393
- Schlaepfer E & Speck RF Anti-HIV activity mediated by natural killer and CD8+ cells after toll-like receptor 7/8 triggering. PLoS ONE 3:e1999 (2008). Neutralising ; Human . PubMed: 18431484