Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to IL-13 receptor alpha 1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human, Rhesus monkey
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-IL-13 receptor alpha 1 antibody
See all IL-13 receptor alpha 1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to IL-13 receptor alpha 1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human, Rhesus monkey
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human IL-13 receptor alpha 1 (phospho Y405). (D-I-Y-E-K)
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab79277 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 47 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
|ICC/IF||1/500 - 1/1000.|
FunctionBinds with low affinity to interleukin-13 (IL13). Together with IL4RA can form a functional receptor for IL13. Also serves as an alternate accessory protein to the common cytokine receptor gamma chain for interleukin-4 (IL4) signaling, but cannot replace the function of IL2RG in allowing enhanced interleukin-2 (IL2) binding activity.
Tissue specificityUbiquitous. Highest levels in heart, liver, skeletal muscle and ovary; lowest levels in brain, lung and kidney. Also found in B-cells, T-cells and endothelial cells.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the type I cytokine receptor family. Type 5 subfamily.
DomainThe WSXWS motif appears to be necessary for proper protein folding and thereby efficient intracellular transport and cell-surface receptor binding.
The box 1 motif is required for JAK interaction and/or activation.
- Information by UniProt
- bB128O4.2.1 (interleukin 13 receptor, alpha 1) antibody
- Cancer/testis antigen 19 antibody
- CD213a1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-IL-13 receptor alpha 1 antibody (ab79277) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : COLO cell extracts
Lane 2 : HT29 cell extracts
Lane 3 : A549 cell extracts
Lane 4 : 293 cell extracts
Lane 5 : COLO cell extracts with immunising peptide at 10 µg
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 47 kDa
Observed band size: 50 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab79277 at 1/50 dilution staining IL-13 receptor alpha 1 in human breast carcinoma by Immunohistochemistry using paraffin-embedded tissue, in the absence or presence of the immunising peptide.
ab79277 at 1/500 dilution staining IL-13 receptor alpha 1 in NIH3T3 cells by Immunofluorescence, in the absence or presence of the immunising peptide.
ab79277 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Kelly J et al. Chronically stimulated human MAIT cells are unexpectedly potent IL-13 producers. Immunol Cell Biol 97:689-699 (2019). PubMed: 31323167
- Yang SJ et al. IL-13 signaling through IL-13 receptor a2 mediates airway epithelial wound repair. FASEB J N/A:fj201801285R (2018). PubMed: 30481486
- Danov O et al. Human lung tissue provides highly relevant data about efficacy of new anti-asthmatic drugs. PLoS One 13:e0207767 (2018). PubMed: 30500834
- Verstockt B et al. Effects of Epithelial IL-13Ra2 Expression in Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Front Immunol 9:2983 (2018). PubMed: 30619339
- Amit U et al. New Role for Interleukin-13 Receptor a1 in Myocardial Homeostasis and Heart Failure. J Am Heart Assoc 6:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28528324
- Goh YP et al. Eosinophils secrete IL-4 to facilitate liver regeneration. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:9914-9 (2013). PubMed: 23716700
- Barderas R et al. High expression of IL-13 receptor a2 in colorectal cancer is associated with invasion, liver metastasis, and poor prognosis. Cancer Res 72:2780-90 (2012). Human . PubMed: 22505647