Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to IL-17A
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-IL-17A antibody
See all IL-17A primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to IL-17A
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Predicted to work with: Rat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Mouse IL-17A aa 100 to the C-terminus conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- Recombinant Mouse IL-17 protein (ab50162) can be used as a positive control in WB. This antibody gave a positive signal in a mouse lymph node section.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab91649 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionInduces stromal cells to produce proinflammatory and hematopoietic cytokines. Enhances the surface expression of the intracellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1) in fibroblasts.
Tissue specificityRestricted to activated memory T-cells.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IL-17 family.
modificationsFound both in glycosylated and nonglycosylated forms.
- Information by UniProt
- CTLA 8 antibody
- CTLA-8 antibody
- CTLA8 antibody
IHC image of IL-17A staining in mouse lymph node formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab91649, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
ab91649 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Soley BDS et al. B1 and B2 kinin receptor blockade improves psoriasis-like disease. Br J Pharmacol N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32335893
- Hsu PY et al. Cordycepin and a preparation fromCordyceps militarisinhibit malignant transformation and proliferation by decreasing EGFR and IL-17RA signaling in a murine oral cancer model. Oncotarget 8:93712-93728 (2017). PubMed: 29212184
- Cai S et al. IFN-? induction by neutrophil-derived IL-17A homodimer augments pulmonary antibacterial defense. Mucosal Immunol 9:718-29 (2016). PubMed: 26349661
- Chou TF et al. Tumour suppressor death-associated protein kinase targets cytoplasmic HIF-1a for Th17 suppression. Nat Commun 7:11904 (2016). WB, IHC ; Human . PubMed: 27312851
- Patras KA et al. Characterization of host immunity during persistent vaginal colonization by Group B Streptococcus. Mucosal Immunol 8:1339-48 (2015). IHC . PubMed: 25850655
- Usategui A et al. A profibrotic role for thymic stromal lymphopoietin in systemic sclerosis. Ann Rheum Dis N/A:N/A (2013). IHC ; Mouse . PubMed: 23413283