Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to IL-18
- Suitable for: ICC, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-IL-18 antibody
See all IL-18 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to IL-18
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Human IL-18 aa 37-193. immunogen corresponding to mature protein (amino acids 37-193) of Human IL-18.
YFGKLESKLSVIRNLNDQVLFIDQGNRPLFEDMTDSDCRDNAPRTIFIIS MYKDSQPRGM AVTISVKCEKISTLSCENKIISFKEMNPPDNIKDTKSD IIFFQRSVPGHDNKMQFESSSY EGYFLACEKERDLFKLILKKEDELGD RSIMFTVQNED
Database link: Q14116
- Human tonsil tissue, recombinant protein
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.025% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2.5% BSA, 0.45% Sodium chloride, 0.1% Dibasic monohydrogen sodium phosphate
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab191152 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.1 - 0.5 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 22 kDa.
The detection limit for IL18 is approximately 1ng/lane under reducing conditions
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionAugments natural killer cell activity in spleen cells and stimulates interferon gamma production in T-helper type I cells.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IL-1 family.
- Information by UniProt
- Iboctadekin antibody
- IFN gamma inducing factor antibody
- IFN-gamma-inducing factor antibody
Anti-IL-18 antibody (ab191152) at 0.5 µg/ml + Recombinant Human IL-18 Protein at 0.0005 µg
Predicted band size: 22 kDa
IL-18 was detected in immunocytochemical section of blood cell. Enzyme antigen retrieval was performed using IHC enzyme antigen retrieval reagent for 15 mins. The tissue section was blocked with 10% goat serum. The tissue section was then incubated with 1μg/ml ab191152 overnight at 4°C. Biotinylated goat anti-rabbit IgG was used as secondary antibody and incubated for 30 minutes at 37°C. The tissue section was developed using Strepavidin-Biotin-Complex with DAB as the chromogen
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin fixed paraffine embedded human tonsil tissue labeling IL-18 with ab191152 at 1 µg/ml
ab191152 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Zhang X et al. Pigment epithelium-derived factor facilitates NLRP3 inflammasome activation through downregulating cytidine monophosphate kinase 2: A potential treatment strategy for missed abortion. Int J Mol Med 45:1436-1446 (2020). PubMed: 32323732
- Gao Z et al. Ripasudil alleviated the inflammation of RPE cells by targeting the miR-136-5p/ROCK/NLRP3 pathway. BMC Ophthalmol 20:134 (2020). PubMed: 32252692
- Tong W et al. Tanshinone II A enhances pyroptosis and represses cell proliferation of HeLa cells by regulating miR-145/GSDMD signaling pathway. Biosci Rep 40:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32232409
- Gugliandolo A et al. Eruca sativa seed extract: A novel natural product able to counteract neuroinflammation. Mol Med Rep 17:6235-6244 (2018). PubMed: 29512782
- Rawat P et al. Human immunodeficiency virus Type-1 single-stranded RNA activates the NLRP3 inflammasome and impairs autophagic clearance of damaged mitochondria in human microglia. Glia N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30582668
- Luo J et al. Ursolic acid inhibits breast cancer growth by inhibiting proliferation, inducing autophagy and apoptosis, and suppressing inflammatory responses via the PI3K/AKT and NF-?B signaling pathwaysin vitro. Exp Ther Med 14:3623-3631 (2017). PubMed: 29042957
- Giacoppo S et al. Triggering of inflammasome by impaired autophagy in response to acute experimental Parkinson's disease: involvement of the PI3K/Akt/mTOR pathway. Neuroreport 28:996-1007 (2017). PubMed: 28902711
- Ahmad R et al. Increased adipose tissue expression of IL-18R and its ligand IL-18 associates with inflammation and insulin resistance in obesity. Immun Inflamm Dis 5:318-335 (2017). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 28508444