Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to IL-18
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-IL-18 antibody
See all IL-18 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to IL-18
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Mouse IL-18.
- WB: Mouse spleen tissue lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.02% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 1% BSA, 50% Glycerol, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab71495 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 4 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 22 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 22 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionAugments natural killer cell activity in spleen cells and stimulates interferon gamma production in T-helper type I cells.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IL-1 family.
- Information by UniProt
- Iboctadekin antibody
- IFN gamma inducing factor antibody
- IFN-gamma-inducing factor antibody
Immunohistochemical analysis of formaldehyde-fixed paraffin-embedded murine obsese nephric tissue sections, labelling IL-18 with ab71495 at a dilution of 1/2500 incubated for 12 hours at 4°C in PBS and 2.5% horse serum diluent. Heat mediated antigen retrival was with citrate buffer and blocking was with 2.5% horse serum in PBS incubated for 1 hour at 25°C. Secondary was a horse anti-rabbit polyclonal HRP conjugate.
Anti-IL-18 antibody (ab71495) at 1 µg/ml + Mouse spleen tissue lysate at 10 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 22 kDa
Observed band size: 22 kDa
Additional bands at: 100 kDa, 150 kDa, 76 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 2 minutes
IHC image of ab71495 staining in mouse normal spleen formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab71495, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab71495 has been referenced in 44 publications.
- Permyakova A et al. A Novel Indoline Derivative Ameliorates Diabesity-Induced Chronic Kidney Disease by Reducing Metabolic Abnormalities. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne) 11:91 (2020). PubMed: 32218769
- Wu D et al. Interleukin-18 from neurons and microglia mediates depressive behaviors in mice with post-stroke depression. Brain Behav Immun N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32272223
- Clement M et al. MARK4 (Microtubule Affinity-Regulating Kinase 4)-Dependent Inflammasome Activation Promotes Atherosclerosis-Brief Report. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 39:1645-1651 (2019). PubMed: 31167564
- Wixey JA et al. Neuropathology in intrauterine growth restricted newborn piglets is associated with glial activation and proinflammatory status in the brain. J Neuroinflammation 16:5 (2019). PubMed: 30621715
- Huang X et al. VSIG4 mediates transcriptional inhibition of Nlrp3 and Il-1ß in macrophages. Sci Adv 5:eaau7426 (2019). PubMed: 30662948