Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR2780] to IL-2
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-IL-2 antibody [EPR2780]
See all IL-2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR2780] to IL-2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt, ICC/IFmore details
Unsuitable for: IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human IL-2 aa 50-150. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- WB: Human thymus tissue lysate and PBMC cell lysates. ICC/IF: PBMC cells. IHC-P: Human tonsil tissue. Flow Cyt: Jurkat cells.
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab92381 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 18 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/250 - 1/500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the pressure cooker method before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||1/500 - 1/1000.|
FunctionProduced by T-cells in response to antigenic or mitogenic stimulation, this protein is required for T-cell proliferation and other activities crucial to regulation of the immune response. Can stimulate B-cells, monocytes, lymphokine-activated killer cells, natural killer cells, and glioma cells.
Involvement in diseaseNote=A chromosomal aberration involving IL2 is found in a form of T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia (T-ALL). Translocation t(4;16)(q26;p13) with involves TNFRSF17.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IL-2 family.
- Information by UniProt
- Aldesleukin antibody
- IL 2 antibody
- IL-2 antibody
ab92381 at 1/250 dilution staining IL2 in Formalin-fixed, Paraffin-embedded Human tonsil tissue. Detection: DAB staining.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the pressure cooker method before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence analysis of PBMC (Human primary peripheral blood mononuclear cell) cells labeling IL-2 with purified ab92381 at 1/500 dilution (4.2 µg/mL). Cells were fixed in 4% Paraformaldehyde and permeabilized with 0.1% tritonX-100. Cells were counterstained with ab195889 Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - Microtubule Marker (Alexa Fluor® 594) 1/200 (2.5 µg/mL). Goat anti rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 488, ab150077) was used as the secondary antibody at 1/1000 (2 µg/mL) dilution. DAPI (blue) was used as nuclear counterstain. ab195889 Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - Microtubule Marker (Alexa Fluor® 594) 1/200 (2.5 µg/mL) was used as the secondary antibody only control.
All lanes : Anti-IL-2 antibody [EPR2780] (ab92381) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human thymus lysate
Lane 2 : PBMC lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 18 kDa
Flow Cytometry analysis of Jurkat (Human T cell leukemia T lymphocyte) cells labeling IL2 with purified ab92381 at 1/100 dilution (10ug/mL) (red). Cells were fixed with 80% methanol and permeabilised using 0.1% Tween-20. A Goat anti rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor®488) (ab150077) secondary antibody was used at 1/2000 dilution. Isotype control - Rabbit monoclonal IgG (Black) (ab172730). Unlabeled control - Cell without incubation with primary antibody and secondary antibody (Blue).
ab92381 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Rydbirk R et al. Increased prefrontal cortex interleukin-2 protein levels and shift in the peripheral T cell population in progressive supranuclear palsy patients. Sci Rep 9:7781 (2019). PubMed: 31123295
- Kaewkangsadan V et al. Tumour-draining axillary lymph nodes in patients with large and locally advanced breast cancers undergoing neoadjuvant chemotherapy (NAC): the crucial contribution of immune cells (effector, regulatory) and cytokines (Th1, Th2) to immune-mediated tumour cell death induced by NAC. BMC Cancer 18:123 (2018). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 29390966
- Voos P et al. Ionizing Radiation Induces Morphological Changes and Immunological Modulation of Jurkat Cells. Front Immunol 9:922 (2018). PubMed: 29760710
- Hu J et al. Anesthetic effects of isoflurane and the molecular mechanism underlying isoflurane-inhibited aggressiveness of hepatic carcinoma. Mol Med Rep 18:184-192 (2018). PubMed: 29749446
- Kaewkangsadan V et al. Crucial Contributions by T Lymphocytes (Effector, Regulatory, and Checkpoint Inhibitor) and Cytokines (TH1, TH2, and TH17) to a Pathological Complete Response Induced by Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy in Women with Breast Cancer. J Immunol Res 2016:4757405 (2016). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 27777963
- Huang C et al. B7-H3, B7-H4, Foxp3 and IL-2 expression in cervical cancer: Associations with patient outcome and clinical significance. Oncol Rep 35:2183-90 (2016). PubMed: 26848032
- Verma C et al. Natural killer (NK) cell profiles in blood and tumour in women with large and locally advanced breast cancer (LLABC) and their contribution to a pathological complete response (PCR) in the tumour following neoadjuvant chemotherapy (NAC): differential restoration of blood profiles by NAC and surgery. J Transl Med 13:180 (2015). IHC . PubMed: 26040463