Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [MEM-181] to IL-2 Receptor alpha
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-IL-2 Receptor alpha antibody [MEM-181]
See all IL-2 Receptor alpha primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [MEM-181] to IL-2 Receptor alpha
SpecificityCD25 antigen (human).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Tissue, cells or virus corresponding to Human IL-2 Receptor alpha.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Purification notesPurified from TCS. Purity >95% by SDS-PAGE.
Light chain typeunknown
- PerCP/Cy5.5® Anti-IL-2 Receptor alpha antibody [MEM-181], prediluted (ab157308)
- FITC Anti-IL-2 Receptor alpha antibody [MEM-181] (ab18275)
- PE/Cy7® Anti-IL-2 Receptor alpha antibody [MEM-181] (ab234252)
- Biotin Anti-IL-2 Receptor alpha antibody [MEM-181] (ab239240)
- APC/Cy7® Anti-IL-2 Receptor alpha antibody [MEM-181] (ab239307)
- PE Anti-IL-2 Receptor alpha antibody [MEM-181] (ab36419)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab8235 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionReceptor for interleukin-2.
Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in IL2RA are associated with susceptibility to diabetes mellitus insulin-dependent type 10 (IDDM10) [MIM:601942]. A multifactorial disorder of glucose homeostasis that is characterized by susceptibility to ketoacidosis in the absence of insulin therapy. Clinical fetaures are polydipsia, polyphagia and polyuria which result from hyperglycemia-induced osmotic diuresis and secondary thirst. These derangements result in long-term complications that affect the eyes, kidneys, nerves, and blood vessels.
Sequence similaritiesContains 2 Sushi (CCP/SCR) domains.
- Information by UniProt
- Interleukin 2 receptor alpha chain antibody
- CD25 antibody
- CD25 antigen antibody
Overlay histogram showing Jurkat cells stained with ab8235 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab8235, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive result in 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) fixed Jurkat cells used under the same conditions.
Please note that Abcam do not have any data for use of this antibody on non-fixed cells. We welcome any customer feedback.
ab8235 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Zhang Q et al. Interaction of transforming growth factor-ß-Smads/microRNA-362-3p/CD82 mediated by M2 macrophages promotes the process of epithelial-mesenchymal transition in hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Cancer Sci 110:2507-2519 (2019). PubMed: 31215741
- Brusés JL Cell surface localization of a3ß4 nicotinic acetylcholine receptors is regulated by N-cadherin homotypic binding and actomyosin contractility. PLoS One 8:e62435 (2013). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 23626818
- Nielsen MS et al. Different motifs regulate trafficking of SorCS1 isoforms. Traffic 9:980-94 (2008). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 18315530