Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to IL-4
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA, Neutralising
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: unknown
Product nameAnti-IL-4 antibody
See all IL-4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to IL-4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISA, Neutralisingmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Highly pure (>98%) recombinant mIL-4 (mouse Interleukin-4)
- Recombinant mouse IL4 protein (ab9729) can be used as a positive control in WB.
FormLyophilized:Reconstitute with 200µl of sterile water. Please note that if you receive this product in liquid form it has already been reconstituted as described and no further reconstitution is necessary.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
No preservative, sterile filtered
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Light chain typeunknown
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9728 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
To detect mIL-4 by Western Blot analysis this antibody can be used at a concentration of 0.1 - 0.2 µg/ml. Used in conjunction with compatible secondary reagents the detection limit for recombinant mIL-4 is 1.5 - 3.0 ng/lane, under either reducing or non-reducing conditions.
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
To detect mIL-4 by direct ELISA (using 100µl/well antibody solution) a concentration of at least 0.5µg/ml of this antibody is required. This antigen affinity purified antibody, in conjunction with compatible secondary reagents, allows the detection of 0.2 - 0.4 ng/well of recombinant mIL-4.
|Neutralising||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
To yield one-half maximal inhibition [ND50] of the biological activity of mIL-4 (7.5 ng/ml), a concentration of 0.25 - 0.4 µg/ml of this antibody is required.
FunctionParticipates in at least several B-cell activation processes as well as of other cell types. It is a costimulator of DNA-synthesis. It induces the expression of class II MHC molecules on resting B-cells. It enhances both secretion and cell surface expression of IgE and IgG1. It also regulates the expression of the low affinity Fc receptor for IgE (CD23) on both lymphocytes and monocytes.
Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in IL4 may be a cause of susceptibility to ischemic stroke (ISCHSTR) [MIM:601367]; also known as cerebrovascular accident or cerebral infarction. A stroke is an acute neurologic event leading to death of neural tissue of the brain and resulting in loss of motor, sensory and/or cognitive function. Ischemic strokes, resulting from vascular occlusion, is considered to be a highly complex disease consisting of a group of heterogeneous disorders with multiple genetic and environmental risk factors.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IL-4/IL-13 family.
- Information by UniProt
- B cell growth factor 1 antibody
- B cell IgG differentiation factor antibody
- B Cell Stimulatory Factor 1 antibody
ab9728 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Mack S et al. Age-dependent pulmonary reactivity to house dust mite allergen: a model of adult-onset asthma? Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 316:L757-L763 (2019). PubMed: 30840481
- Yu FY et al. TNF-a increases inflammatory factor expression in synovial fibroblasts through the toll-like receptor-3-mediated ERK/AKT signaling pathway in a mouse model of rheumatoid arthritis. Mol Med Rep 17:8475-8483 (2018). PubMed: 29693122
- Hammers DW et al. Disease-modifying effects of orally bioavailable NF-?B inhibitors in dystrophin-deficient muscle. JCI Insight 1:e90341 (2016). PubMed: 28018975
- Bianchi E et al. Ghrelin Inhibits Post-Operative Adhesions via Blockage of the TGF-ß Signaling Pathway. PLoS One 11:e0153968 (2016). WB . PubMed: 27082244