Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to IL-4
- Suitable for: Sandwich ELISA
- Reacts with: Rat
- Isotype: unknown
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-IL-4 antibody
See all IL-4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to IL-4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Sandwich ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Rat IL-4. Highly pure (>98%) recombinant rIL-4 (rat Interleukin-4)
Database link: P20096
- WB: Recombinant rat IL4 protein (ab9812).
Although some customers have been successful in IHC we no longer batch test in this application.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
FormLyophilized:Reconstitute with 200µl of sterile water. Please note that if you receive this product in liquid form it has already been reconstituted as described and no further reconstitution is necessary.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferNo preservative, sterile filtered
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Light chain typeunknown
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9811 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use a concentration of 0.5 - 2 µg/ml.
Use a concentration of 0.5 - 2 µg/ml.
FunctionParticipates in at least several B-cell activation processes as well as of other cell types. It is a costimulator of DNA-synthesis. It induces the expression of class II MHC molecules on resting B-cells. It enhances both secretion and cell surface expression of IgE and IgG1. It also regulates the expression of the low affinity Fc receptor for IgE (CD23) on both lymphocytes and monocytes.
Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in IL4 may be a cause of susceptibility to ischemic stroke (ISCHSTR) [MIM:601367]; also known as cerebrovascular accident or cerebral infarction. A stroke is an acute neurologic event leading to death of neural tissue of the brain and resulting in loss of motor, sensory and/or cognitive function. Ischemic strokes, resulting from vascular occlusion, is considered to be a highly complex disease consisting of a group of heterogeneous disorders with multiple genetic and environmental risk factors.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IL-4/IL-13 family.
- Information by UniProt
- B cell growth factor 1 antibody
- B cell IgG differentiation factor antibody
- B Cell Stimulatory Factor 1 antibody
To detect rat IL-4 by sandwich ELISA (using 100 μl/well antibody solution) a concentration of 0.25 – 1.0 μg/ml of ab84278 is required. Using this antibody in conjunction with an anti-rat IL-4 (ab9811) as a capture antibody, allows the detection of at least 0.2 – 0.4 ng/well of recombinant rat IL-4.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab9811 has been referenced in 14 publications.
- Wei Y et al. Exposure to ozone impacted Th1/Th2 imbalance of CD4+ T cells and apoptosis of ASMCs underlying asthmatic progression by activating lncRNA PVT1-miR-15a-5p/miR-29c-3p signaling. Aging (Albany NY) 12:25229-25255 (2020). PubMed: 33223504
- Yang J et al. The influence of PM2.5 on lung injury and cytokines in mice. Exp Ther Med 18:2503-2511 (2019). PubMed: 31572502
- Bi CS et al. Calcitriol suppresses lipopolysaccharide-induced alveolar bone damage in rats by regulating T helper cell subset polarization. J Periodontal Res 54:612-623 (2019). PubMed: 31095745
- Chen Z et al. Interleukin-33 reduces neuronal damage and white matter injury via selective microglia M2 polarization after intracerebral hemorrhage in rats. Brain Res Bull 150:127-135 (2019). PubMed: 31129170
- Zhan T et al. Interleukin-9 blockage reduces early hepatic granuloma formation and fibrosis during Schistosoma japonicum infection in mice. Immunology 158:296-303 (2019). PubMed: 31436861