Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to IL-6
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-IL-6 antibody
See all IL-6 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to IL-6
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
FunctionCytokine with a wide variety of biological functions. It is a potent inducer of the acute phase response. Plays an essential role in the final differentiation of B-cells into Ig-secreting cells Involved in lymphocyte and monocyte differentiation. It induces myeloma and plasmacytoma growth and induces nerve cells differentiation Acts on B-cells, T-cells, hepatocytes, hematopoeitic progenitor cells and cells of the CNS. Also acts as a myokine. It is discharged into the bloodstream after muscle contraction and acts to increase the breakdown of fats and to improve insulin resistance.
Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in IL6 are associated with susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis systemic juvenile (RASJ) [MIM:604302]. An inflammatory articular disorder with systemic-onset beginning before the age of 16. It represents a subgroup of juvenile arthritis associated with severe extraarticular features and occasionally fatal complications. During active phases of the disorder, patients display a typical daily spiking fever, an evanescent macular rash, lymphadenopathy, hepatosplenomegaly, serositis, myalgia and arthritis.
Note=A IL6 promoter polymorphism is associated with a lifetime risk of development of Kaposi sarcoma in HIV-infected men.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IL-6 superfamily.
modificationsN- and O-glycosylated.
- Information by UniProt
- Interleukin BSF 2 antibody
- B cell differentiation factor antibody
- B cell stimulatory factor 2 antibody
ab7737 has been referenced in 47 publications.
- Kim SR et al. Transplanted senescent renal scattered tubular-like cells induce injury in the mouse kidney. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 318:F1167-F1176 (2020). PubMed: 32223312
- Xu X et al. Silencing of NONO inhibits abdominal aortic aneurysm in apolipoprotein E-knockout mice via collagen deposition and inflammatory inhibition. J Cell Mol Med 23:7449-7461 (2019). PubMed: 31512366
- Lian H et al. Malignant fibrous histiocytoma amplified sequence 1 alleviates inflammation and renal fibrosis in diabetic nephropathy by inhibiting TLR4. Biosci Rep 39:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31696221
- Li Q et al. Total Glycosides of Peony Protects Against Inflammatory Bowel Disease by Regulating IL-23/IL-17 Axis and Th17/Treg Balance. Am J Chin Med 47:177-201 (2019). PubMed: 30612460
- Wang B et al. Alisol B 23-Acetate Ameliorates Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Cardiac Dysfunction by Suppressing Toll-Like Receptor 4 (TLR4)/NADPH Oxidase 2 (NOX2) Signaling Pathway. Med Sci Monit 25:8472-8481 (2019). PubMed: 31707400