Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to IL-6R
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ELISA
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-IL-6R antibody
See all IL-6R primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to IL-6R
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human IL-6R aa 253-267.
Database link: P08887
- WB: Jurkat and 803 cell lysates. IHC-P: Human spleen tissue.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.88% Sodium chloride
(without Mg2+, Ca2+)
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab128008 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/200 - 1/500. Predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 2.5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ELISA||1/1 - 1/40000.|
FunctionPart of the receptor for interleukin 6. Binds to IL6 with low affinity, but does not transduce a signal. Signal activation necessitate an association with IL6ST. Activation may lead to the regulation of the immune response, acute-phase reactions and hematopoiesis.
Low concentration of a soluble form of IL6 receptor acts as an agonist of IL6 activity.
Tissue specificityIsoform 2 is expressed in peripheral blood mononuclear cells and weakly found in urine and serum.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the type I cytokine receptor family. Type 3 subfamily.
Contains 1 fibronectin type-III domain.
Contains 1 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
DomainThe two fibronectin type-III-like domains, contained in the N-terminal part, form together a cytokine-binding domain.
The WSXWS motif appears to be necessary for proper protein folding and thereby efficient intracellular transport and cell-surface receptor binding.
modificationsA short soluble form may also be released from the membrane by proteolysis.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Basolateral cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- CD 126 antibody
- CD126 antibody
- CD126 antigen antibody
Paraffin-embedded human spleen tissue stained for IL6R with ab128008 at 2.5 µg/ml in immunohistochemical analysis.
All lanes : Anti-IL-6R antibody (ab128008) at 1/200 dilution
Lane 1 : Jurkat (human T cell leukemia cell line from peripheral blood) cell lysate
Lane 2 : 803 cell lysate
Predicted band size: 52 kDa
ab128008 has been referenced in 15 publications.
- Zhang N et al. Decreased expression of microRNA-30b promotes the development of pulpitis by upregulating the expression of interleukin-6 receptor. Exp Ther Med 17:3233-3238 (2019). PubMed: 30936998
- Wiegertjes R et al. TGF-ß dampens IL-6 signaling in articular chondrocytes by decreasing IL-6 receptor expression. Osteoarthritis Cartilage N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31054955
- Han D & Zhou Y YY1-induced upregulation of lncRNA NEAT1 contributes to OGD/R injury-induced inflammatory response in cerebral microglial cells via Wnt/ß-catenin signaling pathway. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 55:501-511 (2019). PubMed: 31286366
- Chen J et al. Long non-coding RNA-HOTAIR promotes the progression of sepsis by acting as a sponge of miR-211 to induce IL-6R expression. Exp Ther Med 18:3959-3967 (2019). PubMed: 31656541
- Wu R et al. Long non-coding RNA HIF1A-AS2 facilitates adipose-derived stem cells (ASCs) osteogenic differentiation through miR-665/IL6 axis via PI3K/Akt signaling pathway. Stem Cell Res Ther 9:348 (2018). PubMed: 30545407