Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [AP-MAB0848] to IL-6R
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameAnti-IL-6R antibody [AP-MAB0848]
See all IL-6R primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [AP-MAB0848] to IL-6R
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Mouse IL-6R.
This monoclonal can be used to block IL-6/IL-6R interactions.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesThe IgG fraction of culture supernatant was purified by Protein A/G affinity chromatography and lyophilized from a 0.2 µm filtered solution in phosphate buffered saline.
Primary antibody notesThis monoclonal can be used to block IL-6/IL-6R interactions.
FunctionPart of the receptor for interleukin 6. Binds to IL6 with low affinity, but does not transduce a signal. Signal activation necessitate an association with IL6ST. Activation may lead to the regulation of the immune response, acute-phase reactions and hematopoiesis.
Low concentration of a soluble form of IL6 receptor acts as an agonist of IL6 activity.
Tissue specificityIsoform 2 is expressed in peripheral blood mononuclear cells and weakly found in urine and serum.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the type I cytokine receptor family. Type 3 subfamily.
Contains 1 fibronectin type-III domain.
Contains 1 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
DomainThe two fibronectin type-III-like domains, contained in the N-terminal part, form together a cytokine-binding domain.
The WSXWS motif appears to be necessary for proper protein folding and thereby efficient intracellular transport and cell-surface receptor binding.
modificationsA short soluble form may also be released from the membrane by proteolysis.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Basolateral cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- CD 126 antibody
- CD126 antibody
- CD126 antigen antibody
ab83053 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Chen X et al. Decoy receptor-3 regulates inflammation and apoptosis via PI3K/AKT signaling pathway in coronary heart disease. Exp Ther Med 17:2614-2622 (2019). PubMed: 30906453
- Sui C et al. MicroRNA-let-7a inhibition inhibits LPS-induced inflammatory injury of chondrocytes by targeting IL6R. Mol Med Rep 20:2633-2640 (2019). PubMed: 31322277
- Liu Y et al. CD28 Deficiency Ameliorates Blast Exposure-Induced Lung Inflammation, Oxidative Stress, Apoptosis, and T Cell Accumulation in the Lungs via the PI3K/Akt/FoxO1 Signaling Pathway. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2019:4848560 (2019). PubMed: 31565151
- Tong C et al. Shock waves increase pulmonary vascular leakage, inflammation, oxidative stress, and apoptosis in a mouse model. Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 243:934-944 (2018). PubMed: 29984607
- Jiao T et al. Role of MicroRNA-103a Targeting ADAM10 in Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm. Biomed Res Int 2017:9645874 (2017). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 28357407
- Mayfield AE et al. Interleukin-6 Mediates Post-Infarct Repair by Cardiac Explant-Derived Stem Cells. Theranostics 7:4850-4861 (2017). PubMed: 29187908
- Mishra V et al. Sex-specific IL-6-associated signaling activation in ozone-induced lung inflammation. Biol Sex Differ 7:16 (2016). Mouse . PubMed: 26949510