Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [B-R6] to IL-6R
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr, Blocking, Inhibition Assay, Flow Cyt, IP
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-IL-6R antibody [B-R6]
See all IL-6R primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [B-R6] to IL-6R
SpecificityThis antibody recognizes soluble and membrane bound IL6R.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Fr, Blocking, Inhibition Assay, Flow Cyt, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Tissue, cells or virus corresponding to Human IL-6R.
- U266 cell line
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityIon Exchange Chromatography
Purification notesThis antibody was sterile filtered through 0.22 µm and treated to remove endotoxins. It is carrier and preservative free.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab47215 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Blocking||Use at an assay dependent concentration. The antibody blocks IL6 induced proliferation of XG-1 cells.|
|Inhibition Assay||Use at an assay dependent concentration. The antibody inhibits IL6 binding to its receptor.|
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionPart of the receptor for interleukin 6. Binds to IL6 with low affinity, but does not transduce a signal. Signal activation necessitate an association with IL6ST. Activation may lead to the regulation of the immune response, acute-phase reactions and hematopoiesis.
Low concentration of a soluble form of IL6 receptor acts as an agonist of IL6 activity.
Tissue specificityIsoform 2 is expressed in peripheral blood mononuclear cells and weakly found in urine and serum.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the type I cytokine receptor family. Type 3 subfamily.
Contains 1 fibronectin type-III domain.
Contains 1 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
DomainThe two fibronectin type-III-like domains, contained in the N-terminal part, form together a cytokine-binding domain.
The WSXWS motif appears to be necessary for proper protein folding and thereby efficient intracellular transport and cell-surface receptor binding.
modificationsA short soluble form may also be released from the membrane by proteolysis.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Basolateral cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- CD 126 antibody
- CD126 antibody
- CD126 antigen antibody
ab47215 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Lugo-Cintrón KM et al. Matrix density drives 3D organotypic lymphatic vessel activation in a microfluidic model of the breast tumor microenvironment. Lab Chip 20:1586-1600 (2020). PubMed: 32297896
- Ma Y et al. 1-Deoxynojirimycin in Mulberry (Morus indica L.) Leaves Ameliorates Stable Angina Pectoris in Patients With Coronary Heart Disease by Improving Antioxidant and Anti-inflammatory Capacities. Front Pharmacol 10:569 (2019). PubMed: 31164826
- Gong MM et al. Human organotypic lymphatic vessel model elucidates microenvironment-dependent signaling and barrier function. Biomaterials 214:119225 (2019). PubMed: 31154151
- Mi S et al. Microfluidic co-culture system for cancer migratory analysis and anti-metastatic drugs screening. Sci Rep 6:35544 (2016). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 27762336
- He YY et al. Establishment of a novel cell-based assay for screening small molecule antagonists of human interleukin-6 receptor. Acta Pharmacol Sin 35:1453-62 (2014). ELISA . PubMed: 25345743
- Che Q et al. Activation of a positive feedback loop involving IL-6 and aromatase promotes intratumoral 17ß-estradiol biosynthesis in endometrial carcinoma microenvironment. Int J Cancer 135:282-94 (2014). PubMed: 24347287
- Touboul C et al. Mesenchymal stem cells enhance ovarian cancer cell infiltration through IL6 secretion in an amniochorionic membrane based 3D model. J Transl Med 11:28 (2013). Human . PubMed: 23369187
- Damman J et al. Local renal complement C3 induction by donor brain death is associated with reduced renal allograft function after transplantation. Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:2345-54 (2011). PubMed: 21127132
- Fourcin M et al. Involvement of gp130/interleukin-6 receptor transducing component in interleukin-11 receptor. Eur J Immunol 24:277-80 (1994). PubMed: 8020567