Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [8M6] to IL-8
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, WB, ELISA, IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Sheep, Rabbit, Cow, Dog, Pig
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-IL-8 antibody [8M6]
See all IL-8 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [8M6] to IL-8
SpecificityRecognises ovine interleukin-8 and shows no cross-reactivity with ovine IL1 beta, IL6, MCP 1 or TNF alpha.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, WB, ELISA, IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Sheep, Rabbit, Cow, Dog, Pig
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Sheep IL-8.
Neutralises the bioactivity of ovine IL8 (removal of sodium azide is recommended prior to use in functional assays).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Primary antibody notesNeutralises the bioactivity of ovine IL8 (removal of sodium azide is recommended prior to use in functional assays).
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab34100 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use 10µl of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells. Membrane permeabilisation is required.
ab170191 - Mouse monoclonal IgG2a, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 11 kDa.|
|ELISA||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 21494875|
FunctionIL-8 is a chemotactic factor that attracts neutrophils, basophils, and T-cells, but not monocytes. It is also involved in neutrophil activation. It is released from several cell types in response to an inflammatory stimulus. IL-8(6-77) has a 5-10-fold higher activity on neutrophil activation, IL-8(5-77) has increased activity on neutrophil activation and IL-8(7-77) has a higher affinity to receptors CXCR1 and CXCR2 as compared to IL-8(1-77), respectively.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intercrine alpha (chemokine CxC) family.
modificationsSeveral N-terminal processed forms are produced by proteolytic cleavage after secretion from at least peripheral blood monocytes, leukcocytes and endothelial cells. In general, IL-8(1-77) is referred to as interleukin-8. IL-8(6-77) is the most promiment form.
- Information by UniProt
- (Ala-IL-8)77 antibody
- (Ser-IL-8)72 antibody
- 9E3 antibody
ab34100 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Wu X et al. Inflammatory immune response in rabbits with Staphylococcus aureus biofilm-associated sinusitis. Int Forum Allergy Rhinol N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29979838
- Li H et al. TNF-a increases the expression of inflammatory factors in synovial fibroblasts by inhibiting the PI3K/AKT pathway in a rat model of monosodium iodoacetate-induced osteoarthritis. Exp Ther Med 16:4737-4744 (2018). PubMed: 30542428
- Tang Z et al. Gene Expression Profiling of Pulmonary Artery in a Rabbit Model of Pulmonary Thromboembolism. PLoS One 11:e0164530 (2016). PubMed: 27798647
- Nakamura A et al. Initial pulmonary respiration causes massive diaphragm damage and hyper-CKemia in Duchenne muscular dystrophy dog. Sci Rep 3:2183 (2013). WB . PubMed: 23851606
- Cejková J et al. Favorable effects of trehalose on the development of UVB-mediated antioxidant/pro-oxidant imbalance in the corneal epithelium, proinflammatory cytokine and matrix metalloproteinase induction, and heat shock protein 70 expression. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 249:1185-94 (2011). IHC-Fr ; Rabbit . PubMed: 21494875
- Ma J et al. HCl-induced inflammatory mediators in esophageal mucosa increase migration and production of H2O2 by peripheral blood leukocytes. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 299:G791-8 (2010). ELISA ; Rabbit . PubMed: 20616304
- Aasted B et al. Cytokine profiles in peripheral blood mononuclear cells and lymph node cells from piglets infected in utero with porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus. Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 9:1229-34 (2002). PubMed: 12414754
- Pedersen LG et al. Identification of monoclonal antibodies that cross-react with cytokines from different animal species. Vet Immunol Immunopathol 88:111-22 (2002). PubMed: 12127410
- Caswell JL et al. Expression of the neutrophil chemoattractant interleukin-8 in the lesions of bovine pneumonic pasteurellosis. Vet Pathol 35:124-31 (1998). PubMed: 9539366