Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to IL-8
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-IL-8 antibody
See all IL-8 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to IL-8
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- IHC-P: Human appedicitis tissue. WB: Recombinant Human IL8 protein.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservatives: 0.025% Thimerosal (merthiolate), 0.025% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2.5% BSA, 0.45% Sodium chloride, 0.1% Dibasic monohydrogen sodium phosphate
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab106350 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.1 - 0.5 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 11 kDa.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionIL-8 is a chemotactic factor that attracts neutrophils, basophils, and T-cells, but not monocytes. It is also involved in neutrophil activation. It is released from several cell types in response to an inflammatory stimulus. IL-8(6-77) has a 5-10-fold higher activity on neutrophil activation, IL-8(5-77) has increased activity on neutrophil activation and IL-8(7-77) has a higher affinity to receptors CXCR1 and CXCR2 as compared to IL-8(1-77), respectively.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intercrine alpha (chemokine CxC) family.
modificationsSeveral N-terminal processed forms are produced by proteolytic cleavage after secretion from at least peripheral blood monocytes, leukcocytes and endothelial cells. In general, IL-8(1-77) is referred to as interleukin-8. IL-8(6-77) is the most promiment form.
- Information by UniProt
- (Ala-IL-8)77 antibody
- (Ser-IL-8)72 antibody
- 9E3 antibody
ab106350, at 1µg/ml, staining IL8 in paraffin-embedded human appedicitis tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
All lanes : Anti-IL-8 antibody (ab106350) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Recombinant Human IL8 protein at 20ng
Lane 2 : Recombinant Human IL8 protein at 10ng
Lane 3 : Recombinant Human IL8 protein at 5ng
Lane 4 : Raji whole cell lysate
Lane 5 : MK (55kD)
Predicted band size: 11 kDa
ab106350 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Hasan A et al. TNF-a in Combination with Palmitate Enhances IL-8 Production via The MyD88- Independent TLR4 Signaling Pathway: Potential Relevance to Metabolic Inflammation. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31443599
- Sindhu S et al. Increased Adipose Tissue Expression of Interferon Regulatory Factor (IRF)-5 in Obesity: Association with Metabolic Inflammation. Cells 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31718015
- Arnandis T et al. Oxidative Stress in Cells with Extra Centrosomes Drives Non-Cell-Autonomous Invasion. Dev Cell 47:409-424.e9 (2018). PubMed: 30458137
- Yin L et al. Ultraviolet B Inhibits IL-17A/TNF-a-Stimulated Activation of Human Dermal Fibroblasts by Decreasing the Expression of IL-17RA and IL-17RC on Fibroblasts. Front Immunol 8:91 (2017). WB . PubMed: 28217129
- Kim JT et al. Diverse expression patterns and tumorigenic role of neurotensin signaling components in colorectal cancer cells. Int J Oncol 50:2200-2206 (2017). PubMed: 28498396
- Passaro C et al. The oncolytic virus dl922-947 reduces IL-8/CXCL8 and MCP-1/CCL2 expression and impairs angiogenesis and macrophage infiltration in anaplastic thyroid carcinoma. Oncotarget 7:1500-15 (2016). IHC-P . PubMed: 26625205