Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to IL-8
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-IL-8 antibody
See all IL-8 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to IL-8
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Human IL-8 aa 1-99.
- HeLa whole cell lysate (ab150035); Human gastric carcinoma tissue.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.025% Proclin 300
Constituents: PBS, 20% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab154390 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/3000. Predicted molecular weight: 11 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/1000.|
FunctionIL-8 is a chemotactic factor that attracts neutrophils, basophils, and T-cells, but not monocytes. It is also involved in neutrophil activation. It is released from several cell types in response to an inflammatory stimulus. IL-8(6-77) has a 5-10-fold higher activity on neutrophil activation, IL-8(5-77) has increased activity on neutrophil activation and IL-8(7-77) has a higher affinity to receptors CXCR1 and CXCR2 as compared to IL-8(1-77), respectively.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intercrine alpha (chemokine CxC) family.
modificationsSeveral N-terminal processed forms are produced by proteolytic cleavage after secretion from at least peripheral blood monocytes, leukcocytes and endothelial cells. In general, IL-8(1-77) is referred to as interleukin-8. IL-8(6-77) is the most promiment form.
- Information by UniProt
- (Ala-IL-8)77 antibody
- (Ser-IL-8)72 antibody
- 9E3 antibody
ab154390 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Jiang R et al. Kaempferol protects chondrogenic ATDC5 cells against inflammatory injury triggered by lipopolysaccharide through down-regulating miR-146a. Int Immunopharmacol 69:373-381 (2019). PubMed: 30776646
- Shrestha N et al. Linoleic Acid Increases Prostaglandin E2 Release and Reduces Mitochondrial Respiration and Cell Viability in Human Trophoblast-Like Cells. Cell Physiol Biochem 52:94-108 (2019). PubMed: 30790507
- Ba W et al. Metformin inhibits pro-inflammatory responses via targeting nuclear factor-?B in HaCaT cells. Cell Biochem Funct 37:4-10 (2019). PubMed: 30520054