Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to IL-8
- Suitable for: ELISA
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-IL-8 antibody
See all IL-8 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to IL-8
SpecificityPlease be aware that this product has low homology with the mouse and rat sequence of IL8 (Rat, 46%; Mouse 45%, UniProt blast) and we therefore cannot guarantee reactivity in these species.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Cynomolgus monkey, Rhesus monkey
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to IL-8.
- Purchase matching WB positive control:Recombinant human IL-8 protein
- ELISA: Human IL-8.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituents: 0.1% BSA, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7747 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionIL-8 is a chemotactic factor that attracts neutrophils, basophils, and T-cells, but not monocytes. It is also involved in neutrophil activation. It is released from several cell types in response to an inflammatory stimulus. IL-8(6-77) has a 5-10-fold higher activity on neutrophil activation, IL-8(5-77) has increased activity on neutrophil activation and IL-8(7-77) has a higher affinity to receptors CXCR1 and CXCR2 as compared to IL-8(1-77), respectively.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intercrine alpha (chemokine CxC) family.
modificationsSeveral N-terminal processed forms are produced by proteolytic cleavage after secretion from at least peripheral blood monocytes, leukcocytes and endothelial cells. In general, IL-8(1-77) is referred to as interleukin-8. IL-8(6-77) is the most promiment form.
- Information by UniProt
- (Ala-IL-8)77 antibody
- (Ser-IL-8)72 antibody
- 9E3 antibody
Specificity test of ab7747.
ab7747 was biotinylated and used as a detection antibody in different concentrations.
Dilutions to be used depend on detection system applied. It is recommended that users test the reagent and determine their own optimal dilutions. The typical starting working dilution is 1:50.
ab7747 has been referenced in 62 publications.
- Abbasi M et al. Proteomic Analysis of Cardioembolic and Large Artery Atherosclerotic Clots Using Reverse Phase Protein Array Technology Reveals Key Cellular Interactions Within Clot Microenvironments. Cureus 13:e13499 (2021). PubMed: 33777584
- Cao R et al. Nell-1 attenuates lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammation in human dental pulp cells. J Mol Histol 52:671-680 (2021). PubMed: 33905072
- Wang Q et al. Association of miRNA-145 with the occurrence and prognosis of hydrosalpinx-induced defective endometrial receptivity. Bosn J Basic Med Sci 21:81-92 (2021). PubMed: 32343942
- Azevedo MLV et al. Lung Neutrophilic Recruitment and IL-8/IL-17A Tissue Expression in COVID-19. Front Immunol 12:656350 (2021). PubMed: 33868301
- Sarvestani SK et al. Induced organoids derived from patients with ulcerative colitis recapitulate colitic reactivity. Nat Commun 12:262 (2021). PubMed: 33431859