Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to IL-8
- Suitable for: ELISA
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-IL-8 antibody
See all IL-8 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to IL-8
SpecificityPlease be aware that this product has low homology with the mouse and rat sequence of IL8 (Rat, 46%; Mouse 45%, UniProt blast) and we therefore cannot guarantee reactivity in these species.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Cynomolgus monkey, Rhesus monkey
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to IL-8.
- Purchase matching WB positive control:Recombinant human IL-8 protein
- ELISA: Human IL-8.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituents: 0.1% BSA, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7747 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionIL-8 is a chemotactic factor that attracts neutrophils, basophils, and T-cells, but not monocytes. It is also involved in neutrophil activation. It is released from several cell types in response to an inflammatory stimulus. IL-8(6-77) has a 5-10-fold higher activity on neutrophil activation, IL-8(5-77) has increased activity on neutrophil activation and IL-8(7-77) has a higher affinity to receptors CXCR1 and CXCR2 as compared to IL-8(1-77), respectively.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intercrine alpha (chemokine CxC) family.
modificationsSeveral N-terminal processed forms are produced by proteolytic cleavage after secretion from at least peripheral blood monocytes, leukcocytes and endothelial cells. In general, IL-8(1-77) is referred to as interleukin-8. IL-8(6-77) is the most promiment form.
- Information by UniProt
- (Ala-IL-8)77 antibody
- (Ser-IL-8)72 antibody
- 9E3 antibody
Specificity test of ab7747.
ab7747 was biotinylated and used as a detection antibody in different concentrations.
Dilutions to be used depend on detection system applied. It is recommended that users test the reagent and determine their own optimal dilutions. The typical starting working dilution is 1:50.
ab7747 has been referenced in 49 publications.
- Johnson KE et al. Aspirin inhibits platelets from reprogramming breast tumor cells and promoting metastasis. Blood Adv 3:198-211 (2019). PubMed: 30670536
- Liu T et al. Self-seeding circulating tumor cells promote the proliferation and metastasis of human osteosarcoma by upregulating interleukin-8. Cell Death Dis 10:575 (2019). PubMed: 31366916
- Nassef MZ et al. Real Microgravity Influences the Cytoskeleton and Focal Adhesions in Human Breast Cancer Cells. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31261642
- Chu H et al. MicroRNA-206 promotes lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammation injury via regulation of IRAK1 in MRC-5 cells. Int Immunopharmacol 73:590-598 (2019). PubMed: 31279225
- Li X et al. Reductions in gut microbiota-derived metabolite trimethylamine N-oxide in the circulation may ameliorate myocardial infarction-induced heart failure in rats, possibly by inhibiting interleukin-8 secretion. Mol Med Rep 20:779-786 (2019). PubMed: 31180562