Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [OTI2F4] to IL36 gamma/IL-1F9
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-IL36 gamma/IL-1F9 antibody [OTI2F4]
See all IL36 gamma/IL-1F9 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [OTI2F4] to IL36 gamma/IL-1F9
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Human IL36 gamma/IL-1F9 aa 1-169.
MRGTPGDADGGGRAVYQSMCKPITGTINDLNQQVWTLQGQNLVAVPRSDS VTPVTVAVITCKYPEALEQGRGDPIYLGIQNPEMCLYCEKVGEQPTLQLK EQKIMDLYGQPEPVKPFLFYRAKTGRTSTLESVAFPDWFIASSKRDQPII LTSELGKSYNTAFELNIND
Database link: NP_062564
- HEK293T cells transfected with pCMV6-ENTRY IL-36 gamma/IL-1F9 cDNA; Human colon adenocarcinoma and pancreas tissues; HeLa cells
Dilute in PBS (pH7.3) before use.
The clone number has been updated from 2F4 to OTI2F4, both clone numbers name the same clone.
This product was changed from ascites to tissue culture supernatant on 29th May 2018. Please note that the dilutions may need to be adjusted accordingly. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our scientific support team.
Previously labelled as IL36 gamma.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 48% PBS, 1% BSA, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesab156783 is purified from TCS by affinity chromatography
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab156783 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/4000. Predicted molecular weight: 19 kDa.|
Perform heat-induced epitope retrieval with 10mM citric buffer, pH 6.0 at 120oC for 3 minutes.
FunctionFunction as an agonist of NF-kappa B activation through the orphan IL-1-receptor-related protein 2. Could constitute part of an independent signaling system analogous to interleukin-1 alpha (IL-1A), beta (IL-1B) receptor agonist and interleukin-1 receptor type I (IL-1R1), that is present in epithelial barriers and takes part in local inflammatory response.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in tissues containing epithelial cells: skin, lung, stomach and esophagus. In skin is expressed only in keratinocytes but not in fibroblasts, endothelial cells or melanocytes. Up-regulated in lesional psoriasis skin.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IL-1 family.
- Information by UniProt
- IL 1 epsilon antibody
- IL 1 related protein 2 antibody
- IL 1(EPSILON) antibody
All lanes : Anti-IL36 gamma/IL-1F9 antibody [OTI2F4] (ab156783) at 1/4000 dilution
Lane 1 : HEK293T cells transfected with pCMV6-ENTRY control
Lane 2 : HEK293T cells transfected with pCMV6-ENTRY IL36 gamma/IL-1F9 cDNA
Lysates/proteins at 5 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 19 kDa
HEK293T cell lysates were generated from transient transfection of the cDNA clone (RC213525)
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human colon adenocarcinoma tissue labeling IL36 gamma/IL-1F9 with ab156783 at 1/150 dilution.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human pancreas tissue labeling IL36 gamma/IL-1F9 with ab156783 at 1/150 dilution
Immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells labeling IL36 gamma/IL-1F9 using ab156783 at 1/100 dilution.
ab156783 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Chen F et al. IL-36?s in the colorectal cancer: is interleukin 36 good or bad for the development of colorectal cancer? BMC Cancer 20:92 (2020). PubMed: 32013927
- Fania L et al. Paradoxical psoriasis induced by TNF-a blockade shows immunological features typical of the early phase of psoriasis development. J Pathol Clin Res 6:55-68 (2020). PubMed: 31577850
- Furue K et al. Cyto/chemokine profile of in vitro scratched keratinocyte model: Implications of significant upregulation of CCL20, CXCL8 and IL36G in Koebner phenomenon. J Dermatol Sci 94:244-251 (2019). PubMed: 31010609
- Frew JW et al. A systematic review and critical evaluation of immunohistochemical associations in hidradenitis suppurativa. F1000Res 7:1923 (2018). PubMed: 31281635
- Frew JW et al. A systematic review and critical evaluation of inflammatory cytokine associations in hidradenitis suppurativa. F1000Res 7:1930 (2018). PubMed: 30828428
- Braegelmann J et al. Interleukin-36? (IL-1F9) Identifies Psoriasis Among Patients With Erythroderma. Acta Derm Venereol 96:386-7 (2016). PubMed: 26524325
- D'Erme AM et al. IL-36? (IL-1F9) is a biomarker for psoriasis skin lesions. J Invest Dermatol 135:1025-1032 (2015). PubMed: 25525775