Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to ILF1
- Suitable for: ELISA, ICC/IF, WB, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-ILF1 antibody
See all ILF1 primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to ILF1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, ICC/IF, WB, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Purchase matching WB positive control:Recombinant Human ILF1 protein
- WB: Hela, Jurkat, and Hek-293 nuclear lysates; ICC/IF: HeLa and U2OS cells; Flow-Cyt: HeLa cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.5% Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Polymerase associated factors
- Pol II Transcription
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab5298 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Used in peptide ELISA against the immunogen. Detection limit >1/32,000|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.01 - 0.03 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 75-80 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 73 kDa).
A 1 hour primary incubation is recommended for this product.
|Flow Cyt||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
FunctionRecognizes the core sequence 5'-TAAACA-3'. Binds to NFAT-like motifs (purine-rich) in the IL2 promoter. Also binds to HIV-1 long terminal repeat. May be involved in both positive and negative regulation of important viral and cellular promoter elements.
Tissue specificityExpressed in both lymphoid and non-lymphoid cells.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 FHA domain.
Contains 1 fork-head DNA-binding domain.
DomainThe C-terminal part of the DNA-binding domain may contribute to DNA recognition specificity.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
- Information by UniProt
- Cellular transcription factor ILF 1 antibody
- Cellular transcription factor ILF-1 antibody
- Cellular transcription factor ILF1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-ILF1 antibody (ab5298) at 0.03 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HEK-293 (human epithelial cell line from embryonic kidney) nuclear cell lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa (human epithelial cell line from cervix adenocarcinoma) nuclear cell lysate
Lane 3 : Jurkat (human T cell leukemia cell line from peripheral blood) nuclear cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 35 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 73 kDa
Observed band size: 80 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Immunofluorescent analysis of paraformaldehyde fixed U2OS cells, labeling ILF-1 with ab5298. Cells permeabilized with 0.15% Triton. Primary incubation 1hr (10 µg/mL) followed by Alexa Fluor 488 secondary antibody (2 µg/mL), showing nuclear and cytoplasmic/vesicle staining. Actin filaments were stained with phalloidin (red) and the nuclear stain is DAPI (blue). Negative control: Unimmunized goat IgG (10 µg/mL) followed by Alexa Fluor 488 secondary antibody (2 µg/mL).
Immunofluorescence analysis of U2OS cells, staining ILF1 with ab5298. Cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde and incubated with primary antibody at 1/100 dilution. A FITC-conjugated rabbit anti-goat IgG was used as the secondary antibody.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab5298 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Nestal de Moraes G et al. SUMOylation modulates FOXK2-mediated paclitaxel sensitivity in breast cancer cells. Oncogenesis 7:29 (2018). PubMed: 29540677
- Zhang F et al. FOXK2 suppresses the malignant phenotype and induces apoptosis through inhibition of EGFR in clear-cell renal cell carcinoma. Int J Cancer 142:2543-2557 (2018). PubMed: 29368368
- Liu Y et al. FOXK2 transcription factor suppresses ERa-positive breast cancer cell growth through down-regulating the stability of ERa via mechanism involving BRCA1/BARD1. Sci Rep 5:8796 (2015). PubMed: 25740706
- Ji Z et al. The forkhead transcription factor FOXK2 acts as a chromatin targeting factor for the BAP1-containing histone deubiquitinase complex. Nucleic Acids Res 42:6232-42 (2014). IP . PubMed: 24748658
- Ji Z et al. The forkhead transcription factor FOXK2 promotes AP-1-mediated transcriptional regulation. Mol Cell Biol 32:385-98 (2012). ChIP, WB ; Human . PubMed: 22083952
- Marais A et al. Cell cycle-dependent regulation of the forkhead transcription factor FOXK2 by CDK·cyclin complexes. J Biol Chem 285:35728-39 (2010). WB, ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 20810654