Key features and details
- Sample type: Adherent cells, Suspension cells, Tissue
Product nameImmunoprecipitation kit
Sample typeTissue, Adherent cells, Suspension cells
Abcam’s Immunoprecipitation Kit (ab206996) can be used to perform immunoprecipitation (IP) and Co-IP for functional studies of immunoprecipitated proteins/complexes and SDS-PAGE or western blot analysis of immunoprecipitated proteins and complexes.
Abcam’s Immunoprecipitation Kit provides optimized buffers for preparing cell/tissue extracts, antigen binding and washing steps. The Protein A/G Sepharose® beads provided in the kit have a higher binding capacity with broader antibody isotype binding than traditional Protein A or Protein G resins.
This product is manufactured by BioVision, an Abcam company and was previously called K286 Immunoprecipitation (IP) Kit. K286-25 is the same size as the 25 test size of ab206996.
Abcam has not and does not intend to apply for the REACH Authorisation of customers’ uses of products that contain European Authorisation list (Annex XIV) substances.
It is the responsibility of our customers to check the necessity of application of REACH Authorisation, and any other relevant authorisations, for their intended uses.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IPmore details
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 25 tests 10X Wash Buffer 1 x 20ml Lysis Buffer (non-denaturing) 1 x 40ml Protease Inhibitor Cocktail (lyophilized) 1 vial Protein A/G Sepharose® 1 x 1ml RIPA Lysis Buffer 1 x 40ml
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab206996 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Co-immunoprecipitation experiments indicate IKKε does not interact with NIK or IKKε.Immunoprecipitation was performed on MDA MB 468 cells using the Abcam immunoprecipitation kit (ab206996), according to manufacturer's instructions. Briefly, non-denaturing lysis buffer was used to collect 300 µg of cell lysate was incubated overnight with 3 µg/ml of either control rabbit IgG or IKKε rabbit polyclonal antibody (ab7891). Antibody bound proteins were captured using protein A/G sepharose beads, eluted, and analyzed via western blot.
Huh7 cultured with Si-OH, Si-NH2, or PS-NH2 NPs (all 50 µg/ml) bearing BSA or RNase (both 50 µM) as hard protein corona or bare NPs for 4 h. After 4 h post NP treatment, cells were lysed with lysis buffer from immunoprecipitation kit (Abcam). RagC-mTOR complexes were co-immunoprecipitated from the precleared cell lysates with appropriate Ab as described in the manufacturer's instruction. The resulting protein complex was eluted from the beads with Laemmli protein sample buffer for SDS-PAGE and resolved on SDS-PAGE with specific antibody against mTOR
Comparison of immunoprecipitation using Protein A beads and Immunoprecipitation kit ab206996. HDAC2 activity assay of the antigen-antibody complex captured using Protein A beads or ab206996 by following the same protocol demonstrates that ab206996 is more efficient in IP than Protein A beads.
ab206996 has been referenced in 19 publications.
- Zhang L et al. Design and Evaluation of a Polypeptide that Mimics the Integrin Binding Site for EDA Fibronectin to Block Profibrotic Cell Activity. Int J Mol Sci 22:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33557232
- Gu J et al. The role of PKM2 nuclear translocation in the constant activation of the NF-?B signaling pathway in cancer-associated fibroblasts. Cell Death Dis 12:291 (2021). PubMed: 33731686
- Song D et al. HSP90-dependent PUS7 overexpression facilitates the metastasis of colorectal cancer cells by regulating LASP1 abundance. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 40:170 (2021). PubMed: 33990203
- Lee J et al. Identification of Phospho-Tyrosine Targets as a Strategy for the Treatment of Esophageal Adenocarcinoma Cells. Onco Targets Ther 14:3813-3820 (2021). PubMed: 34188489
- Kim T et al. Deletion of ubiquitin ligase Nedd4l exacerbates ischemic brain damage. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 41:1058-1066 (2021). PubMed: 32703111