Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR8365(B)] to IMPDH2
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-IMPDH2 antibody [EPR8365(B)]
See all IMPDH2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR8365(B)] to IMPDH2
SpecificityThe immunogen used to raise this antibody shares 86% homology with Human IMPDH1. Cross-reactivity with this protein has not been confirmed experimentally.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt, ICC/IFmore details
Unsuitable for: IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human IMPDH2 aa 500-600 (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- HepG2, A549, MCF7, HeLa and K562 cell lysates; Human breast carcinoma and kidney tissues; MCF7 cells
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Dissociation constant (KD)KD = 2.24 x 10 -9 M Learn more about KD
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab129165 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 56 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 56 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/250 - 1/500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|Flow Cyt||1/1000 - 1/10000.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|ICC/IF||1/250 - 1/500.|
FunctionRate limiting enzyme in the de novo synthesis of guanine nucleotides and therefore is involved in the regulation of cell growth. It may also have a role in the development of malignancy and the growth progression of some tumors.
Tissue specificityIMP type I is the main species in normal leukocytes and type II predominates over type I in the tumor.
PathwayPurine metabolism; XMP biosynthesis via de novo pathway; XMP from IMP: step 1/1.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IMPDH/GMPR family.
Contains 2 CBS domains.
modificationsThe N-terminus is blocked.
- Information by UniProt
- IMDH2_HUMAN antibody
- IMP (inosine monophosphate) dehydrogenase 2 antibody
- IMP dehydrogenase 2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-IMPDH2 antibody [EPR8365(B)] (ab129165) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : HepG2 cell lysate
Lane 2 : A549 cell lysate
Lane 3 : MCF7 cell lysate
Lane 4 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 5 : K562 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled Goat anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 56 kDa
Observed band size: 56 kDa
Overlay histogram showing K562 cells stained with ab129165 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab129165, 1/1000 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H&L) (ab150077) at 1/2000 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) (0.1μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter.
ab129165, at 1/250 dilution, staining IMPDH2 in paraffin-embedded Human kidney tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab129165, at 1/250 dilution, staining IMPDH2 in MCF7 cells by Immunofluorescence.
Equilibrium disassociation constant (KD)
Learn more about KD
Click here to learn more about KD
ab129165 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Duong-Ly KC et al. T cell activation triggers reversible inosine-5'-monophosphate dehydrogenase assembly. J Cell Sci 131:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30154209
- Anthony SA et al. Reconstituted IMPDH polymers accommodate both catalytically active and inactive conformations. Mol Biol Cell N/A:N/A (2017). WB ; Human . PubMed: 28794265
- Barfeld SJ et al. Myc-dependent purine biosynthesis affects nucleolar stress and therapy response in prostate cancer. Oncotarget 6:12587-602 (2015). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 25869206