Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [58-217] to INCENP
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-INCENP antibody [58-217]
See all INCENP primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [58-217] to INCENP
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react with: Mouse, Rat
Fusion protein corresponding to Human INCENP aa 200-300.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab23956 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||1/200. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionComponent of the chromosomal passenger complex (CPC), a complex that acts as a key regulator of mitosis. The CPC complex has essential functions at the centromere in ensuring correct chromosome alignment and segregation and is required for chromatin-induced microtubule stabilization and spindle assembly. Probably acts through association with AURKB or AURKC. Seems to bind directly to microtubules. Controls the kinetochore localization of BUB1.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the INCENP family.
Cellular localizationChromosome > centromere. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > spindle. Nucleus. Chromosome > centromere > kinetochore. Localizes to inner kinetochore. Localizes on chromosome arms and inner centromeres from prophase through metaphase and then transferring to the spindle midzone and midbody from anaphase through cytokinesis. Colocalizes with AURKB at mitotic chromosomes.
- Information by UniProt
- binds and activates aurora B and C in vivo and in vitro antibody
- Chromosomal passenger protein antibody
- INCE_HUMAN antibody
ICC/IF image of ab23956 stained human HeLa cells. The cells were methanol fixed (5 min) and incubated with the antibody (ab23956, 1µg/ml) for 1h at room temperature. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Image-iTTM FX Signal Enhancer was used as the primary blocking agent, 5% BSA (in TBS-T) was used for all other blocking steps. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue). Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red).
ab23956 staining INCENP in HeLa cells, by immunofluorescence.
optimal antibody dilution: 1mg/ml
ab23956 staining human anal cancer tissue sections by IHC-P. Sections were formaldehyde fixed and subjected to heat mediated antigen retreival in citrate buffer (pH 6) prior to blocking in a commercially available blocking agent for 20 minutes at 20°C. The primary anibody was diluted 1/200 and incubated with the sample for 40 minutes at 20°C. A HRP-conjugated goat anti-mouse antibody was used as the secondary.
ab23956 staining INCENP in siRNA-treated HeLa cells by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence.
ab23956 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Baron AP et al. Probing the catalytic functions of Bub1 kinase using the small molecule inhibitors BAY-320 and BAY-524. Elife 5: (2016). PubMed: 26885717
- Park H et al. Ewing sarcoma EWS protein regulates midzone formation by recruiting Aurora B kinase to the midzone. Cell Cycle 13:2391-9 (2014). PubMed: 25483190
- Kim HS et al. Functional interplay between Aurora B kinase and Ssu72 phosphatase regulates sister chromatid cohesion. Nat Commun 4:2631 (2013). PubMed: 24149858
- Vazquez-Martin A et al. Raptor, a positive regulatory subunit of mTOR complex 1, is a novel phosphoprotein of the rDNA transcription machinery in nucleoli and chromosomal nucleolus organizer regions (NORs). Cell Cycle 10:3140-52 (2011). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 21900751