Our new poster shows the important steps which led to the first isolation of embryonic stem cells by Martin Evans and Gail Martin in 1981, together with the most recent discoveries in the field.
- Damjanov, I. & Solter, D. Experimental teratorma. Curr. Top. Pathol. 59, 69-130 (1974)
- Stevens, L.C. The biology of teratomas. Adv. Morphog. 6, 1-31 (1967)
- Andrews, P.W. From teratocarcinomas to embryonic stem cells. Phil. Trans. R. Soc. B 357, 405-417 (2002)
- Solter D. From teratocarcinomas to embryonic stem cells and beyond: a history of embryonic stem cell research. Nature Rev Genet. 7, 319-327 (2006)
- Evans, M. Discovering pluripotency: 30 years of mouse embryonic stem cells. Nature Rev. Mol. Cell Biol. 12, 680-686 (2011)
Download the poster.