Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR1230Y] to Indoleamine 2, 3-dioxygenase
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-Indoleamine 2, 3-dioxygenase antibody [EPR1230Y]
See all Indoleamine 2, 3-dioxygenase primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR1230Y] to Indoleamine 2, 3-dioxygenase
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WBmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Indoleamine 2, 3-dioxygenase aa 100-200.
- WB: HeLa cell lysate treated with IFN gamma. ICC/IF: HepG2 cells.
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab76157 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|WB||1/2500 - 1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 45 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 45 kDa).|
FunctionCatalyzes the cleavage of the pyrrol ring of tryptophan and incorporates both atoms of a molecule of oxygen.
PathwayAmino-acid degradation; L-tryptophan degradation via kynurenine pathway; L-kynurenine from L-tryptophan: step 1/2.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase family.
- Information by UniProt
- 3-dioxygenase antibody
- I23O1_HUMAN antibody
- IDO 1 antibody
ab76157 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed for 5 minutes at -20°C and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1hour at room temperature to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab76157 at 10µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (pseudo-colored green) was Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (Alexa Fluor® 488) preadsorbed (ab150081) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1hour at room temperature. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (pseudo-colored red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1hour at room temperature. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (pseudo-colored blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM for 1hour at room temperature.
Anti-Indoleamine 2, 3-dioxygenase antibody [EPR1230Y] (ab76157) at 1/5000 dilution + HeLa cell lysate treated with IFN gamma at 10 µg
goat anti-rabbit HRP at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 45 kDa
Observed band size: 45 kDa
ab76157 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- McNulty DE et al. A High-Throughput Dose-Response Cellular Thermal Shift Assay for Rapid Screening of Drug Target Engagement in Living Cells, Exemplified Using SMYD3 and IDO1. SLAS Discov 23:34-46 (2018). PubMed: 28957646
- Wu X et al. Intrinsic Immunity Shapes Viral Resistance of Stem Cells. Cell 172:423-438.e25 (2018). PubMed: 29249360
- Takeshita K et al. Xenotransplantation of interferon-gamma-pretreated clumps of a human mesenchymal stem cell/extracellular matrix complex induces mouse calvarial bone regeneration. Stem Cell Res Ther 8:101 (2017). WB, ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 28446226
- Aldajani WA et al. Expression and regulation of immune-modulatory enzyme indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) by human airway epithelial cells and its effect on T cell activation. Oncotarget 7:57606-57617 (2016). PubMed: 27613847
- Yamazaki T et al. Effect of Ureaplasma parvum co-incubation on Chlamydia trachomatis maturation in human epithelial HeLa cells treated with interferon-?. J Infect Chemother 20:460-4 (2014). Human . PubMed: 24855914
- De Ravin SS et al. Tryptophan/kynurenine metabolism in human leukocytes is independent of superoxide and is fully maintained in chronic granulomatous disease. Blood 116:1755-60 (2010). PubMed: 20511543