Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [SP260] to Indoleamine 2, 3-dioxygenase - C-terminal
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-Indoleamine 2, 3-dioxygenase antibody [SP260] - C-terminal
See all Indoleamine 2, 3-dioxygenase primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [SP260] to Indoleamine 2, 3-dioxygenase - C-terminal
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Indoleamine 2, 3-dioxygenase aa 350 to the C-terminus (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P14902
- Flow Cytometry: HeLa cells treated with IFN-gamma. IHC-P: Human tonsil, thymus, colon, stomach adenocarcinoma, pancreatic adenocarcinoma, endometrial adenocarcinoma and ovarian adenocarcinoma tissue. ICC/IF: HeLa cells
This product is FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. For commercial use, please contact email@example.com.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified from TCS by protein A/G.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab228468 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Incubate for 30 minutes at 4°C.
Boil tissue section in EDTA buffer, pH 8.0 for 10 minutes followed by cooling at room temperature for 20 minutes.
Incubate for 10 minutes at room temperature.
FunctionCatalyzes the cleavage of the pyrrol ring of tryptophan and incorporates both atoms of a molecule of oxygen.
PathwayAmino-acid degradation; L-tryptophan degradation via kynurenine pathway; L-kynurenine from L-tryptophan: step 1/2.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase family.
- Information by UniProt
- 3-dioxygenase antibody
- I23O1_HUMAN antibody
- IDO 1 antibody
Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence analysis of HeLa (human cervix adenocarcinoma epithelial cell) treated with 50 ng/ml IFN-gamma for 16 h cells labeling Indoleamine 2, 3-dioxygenase with purified ab228468 at 1/15 (9.4µg/ml). Cells were fixed in 4% paraformaldehyde and permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100. Cells were counterstained with Ab195889 Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - Microtubule Marker (Alexa Fluor® 594) 1/200 (2.5 µg/ml). Goat anti rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 488, ab150077) was used as the secondary antibody at 1/1000 (2 µg/ml) dilution. DAPI was used as nuclear counterstain. PBS instead of the primary antibody was used as the secondary antibody only control.
Flow cytometry analysis of HeLa cells treated with 50ng/ml IFN-gamma for 16hours labeling Indoleamine 2, 3-dioxygenase with purified ab228468 at 1/200 dilution (0.705 µg/ml) (red). Cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde and permeabilised with 90% methanol. Goat anti rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 488, ab150077) at 1/2000 dilution was used as a secondary antibody. Isotype control -Rabbit monoclonal IgG (ab172730) / Black. Unlableled control -Unlabelled cells / blue.Untreated cells (Green).
Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded human tonsil tissue stained for Indoleamine 2, 3-dioxygenase with ab228468 at 1/100 dilution in immunohistochemical analysis.
Flow Cytometry analysis of IFN-gamma treated HeLa (human epithelial cell line from cervix adenocarcinoma) cells, labeling Indoleamine 2, 3-dioxygenase with ab228468 1/400 dilution (green) compared to a negative control rabbit IgG (blue).
Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded human thymus tissue stained for Indoleamine 2, 3-dioxygenase with ab228468 at 1/100 dilution in immunohistochemical analysis.
Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded human colon tissue stained for Indoleamine 2, 3-dioxygenase with ab228468 at 1/100 dilution in immunohistochemical analysis.
Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded human stomach adenocarcinoma tissue stained for Indoleamine 2, 3-dioxygenase with ab228468 at 1/100 dilution in immunohistochemical analysis.
Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded human pancreatic adenocarcinoma tissue stained for Indoleamine 2, 3-dioxygenase with ab228468 at 1/100 dilution in immunohistochemical analysis.
Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded human endometrial adenocarcinoma tissue stained for Indoleamine 2, 3-dioxygenase with ab228468 at 1/100 dilution in immunohistochemical analysis.
Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded human ovarian adenocarcinoma tissue stained for Indoleamine 2, 3-dioxygenase with ab228468 at 1/100 dilution in immunohistochemical analysis.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab228468 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Keren L et al. MIBI-TOF: A multiplexed imaging platform relates cellular phenotypes and tissue structure. Sci Adv 5:eaax5851 (2019). Mass Cytometry . PubMed: 31633026
- Kim AK et al. Multiple Immune-Suppressive Mechanisms in Fibrolamellar Carcinoma. Cancer Immunol Res 7:805-812 (2019). PubMed: 30902819
- Parra ER et al. Immunohistochemical and Image Analysis-based Study Demonstrate that Several Immune Checkpoints are Co-expressed in Non-Small Cell Lung Carcinoma Tumors. J Thorac Oncol N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29526824
- Johnson DB et al. Quantitative Spatial Profiling of PD-1/PD-L1 Interaction and HLA-DR/IDO-1 Predicts Improved Outcomes of Anti-PD-1 Therapies in Metastatic Melanoma. Clin Cancer Res 24:5250-5260 (2018). IHC-P . PubMed: 30021908
- Keren L et al. A Structured Tumor-Immune Microenvironment in Triple Negative Breast Cancer Revealed by Multiplexed Ion Beam Imaging. Cell 174:1373-1387.e19 (2018). Mass Cytometry . PubMed: 30193111