Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to ING4
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-ING4 antibody
See all ING4 primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to ING4
SpecificityTested on a U2OS cell line overexpressing human ING4.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Dog
ING4 is moderately similar to ING1 and may act in chromatin-mediated transcriptional regulation. ING4 contains a PHD-finger.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.42% Potassium phosphate, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Primary antibody notesING4 is moderately similar to ING1 and may act in chromatin-mediated transcriptional regulation. ING4 contains a PHD-finger.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3714 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/3000. Detects a band of approximately 29 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 29 kDa).|
FunctionComponent of the HBO1 complex which has a histone H4-specific acetyltransferase activity, a reduced activity toward histone H3 and is responsible for the bulk of histone H4 acetylation in vivo. Through chromatin acetylation it may function in DNA replication. May inhibit tumor progression by modulating the transcriptional output of signaling pathways which regulate cell proliferation. Can suppress brain tumor angiogenesis through transcriptional repression of RELA/NFKB3 target genes when complexed with RELA. May also specifically suppress loss of contact inhibition elicited by activated oncogenes such as MYC. Represses hypoxia inducible factor's (HIF) activity by interacting with HIF prolyl hydroxylase 2 (EGLN1).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ING family.
Contains 1 PHD-type zinc finger.
- Information by UniProt
- Brain my036 protein antibody
- Candidate tumor suppressor p33 ING 1 homolog antibody
- Candidate tumor suppressor p33 ING1 homolog antibody
Anti-p29 ING4 polyclonal antibody detects ING4 protein by western blot. This antibody was used at 1.0 ug/ml to detect ING4 (lane 2) present in a U2OS whole cell lysate over expressing the protein. A control lysate (lane 3) shows no background staining. Comparison to MW markers (lane 1) indicates detection of a single band at ~29 kDa corresponding to ING4.
A 4-20% Tris-glycine gradient gel was used to separate the protein by SDS-PAGE under reducing conditions. The protein was transferred to nitrocellulose using standard methods. After blocking using 5% non-fat dry milk in PBS, the membrane was probed with the primary antibody overnight at 4° C followed by washes and reaction with a 1:20,000 dilution of IRDye800 conjugated Rabbit anti Goat IgG [H&L] for 45 min at room temperature. LICOR's Odyssey® Infrared Imaging System was used to scan and process the image. Other detection systems will yield similar results.
Anti-p29 ING4 polyclonal antibody detects ING4 protein by western blot in over expressed cell lysates. This antibody was used at 1.0 µg/ml to detect ING4 expression in control (-) and transformed U2OS and HeLa cell lysates. A predominant band corresponding to p29 ING4 is only seen in lysates from transformed cells. Anti-p29 ING4 polyclonal antibody detects ING4 protein by western blot in over expressed cell lysates. This antibody was used at 1.0 ug/ml to detect ING4 expression in control (-) and transformed U2OS and HeLa cell lysates. A predominant band corresponding to p29 ING4 is only seen in lysates from transformed cells.
ab3714 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Culurgioni S et al. Crystal structure of inhibitor of growth 4 (ING4) dimerization domain reveals functional organization of ING family of chromatin-binding proteins. J Biol Chem 287:10876-84 (2012). WB . PubMed: 22334692
- Conner J & Braidwood L Expression of inhibitor of growth 4 by HSV1716 improves oncolytic potency and enhances efficacy. Cancer Gene Ther 19:499-507 (2012). WB . PubMed: 22595793
- Moreno A et al. Functional impact of cancer-associated mutations in the tumor suppressor protein ING4. Carcinogenesis 31:1932-8 (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 20705953
- Li X et al. Inhibitor of growth 4 induces growth suppression and apoptosis in glioma U87MG. Pathobiology 76:181-92 (2009). PubMed: 19571607
- Li X et al. ING4 induces cell growth inhibition in human lung adenocarcinoma A549 cells by means of Wnt-1/beta-catenin signaling pathway. Anat Rec (Hoboken) 291:593-600 (2008). PubMed: 18399550
- Iizuka M et al. Hbo1 Links p53-dependent stress signaling to DNA replication licensing. Mol Cell Biol 28:140-53 (2008). WB ; Human . PubMed: 17954561
- Nozell S et al. The ING4 tumor suppressor attenuates NF-kappaB activity at the promoters of target genes. Mol Cell Biol 28:6632-45 (2008). WB ; Human . PubMed: 18779315