Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Inhibin beta A
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Inhibin beta A antibody
See all Inhibin beta A primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Inhibin beta A
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- H1299, HeLa S3 and HepG2 whole cell lysate (ab7900); HeLa cells; 293T, A431, MOLT4 and Raji cell lines.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.025% Proclin 300
Constituents: 79% PBS, 20% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine)
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab97705 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/3000. Predicted molecular weight: 47 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/200.|
FunctionInhibins and activins inhibit and activate, respectively, the secretion of follitropin by the pituitary gland. Inhibins/activins are involved in regulating a number of diverse functions such as hypothalamic and pituitary hormone secretion, gonadal hormone secretion, germ cell development and maturation, erythroid differentiation, insulin secretion, nerve cell survival, embryonic axial development or bone growth, depending on their subunit composition. Inhibins appear to oppose the functions of activins.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the TGF-beta family.
- Information by UniProt
- Activin beta-A chain antibody
- EDF antibody
- Erythroid differentiation factor antibody
All lanes : Anti-Inhibin beta A antibody (ab97705) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : H1299 whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa S3 whole cell lysate
Lane 3 : HepG2 whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 47 kDa
ab97705, at 1/200 dilution, staining Inhibin beta A in paraformaldehyde-fixed HeLa cells by Immunofluorescence. Lower image is merged with DNA probe.
ab97705 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Iriuchishima H et al. Activin A: a novel urinary biomarker of renal impairment in multiple myeloma. Biosci Rep 39:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31072919
- Takei Y et al. Urinary Activin A is a novel biomarker reflecting renal inflammation and tubular damage in ANCA-associated vasculitis. PLoS One 14:e0223703 (2019). PubMed: 31613925
- Hosen MR et al. Airn Regulates Igf2bp2 Translation in Cardiomyocytes. Circ Res 122:1347-1353 (2018). PubMed: 29483092
- Arai KY et al. IL-1beta stimulates activin betaA mRNA expression in human skin fibroblasts through the MAPK pathways, the nuclear factor-kappaB pathway, and prostaglandin E2. Endocrinology 152:3779-90 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21828177