Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Insulin degrading enzyme / IDE
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-FoFr
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Insulin degrading enzyme / IDE antibody
See all Insulin degrading enzyme / IDE primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Insulin degrading enzyme / IDE
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-FoFrmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Cow, Cat, Dog
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Insulin degrading enzyme/ IDE aa 950 to the C-terminus.
(Peptide available as
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32216 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 118 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 118 kDa).Can be blocked with Human Insulin degrading enzyme / IDE peptide (ab32215).|
FunctionPlays a role in the cellular breakdown of insulin, IAPP, glucagon, bradykinin, kallidin and other peptides, and thereby plays a role in intercellular peptide signaling. Degrades amyloid formed by APP and IAPP. May play a role in the degradation and clearance of naturally secreted amyloid beta-protein by neurons and microglia.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M16 family.
modificationsThe N-terminus is blocked.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cell surface. Present at the cell surface of neuron cells. The membrane-associated isoform is approximately 5 kDa larger than the known cytosolic isoform.
- Information by UniProt
- Abeta-degrading protease antibody
- FLJ35968 antibody
- Ide antibody
Lane 1: Wild-type HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 2: Insulin degrading enzyme / IDE knockout HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 3: K562 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 4: HepG2 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 1 - 4: Merged signal (red and green). Green - ab32216 observed at 120 kDa. Red - loading control, ab8245, observed at 37 kDa.
ab32216 was shown to specifically react with Insulin degrading enzyme / IDE in wild-type HAP1 cells. No band was observed when Insulin degrading enzyme / IDE knockout samples were examined. Wild-type and Insulin degrading enzyme / IDE knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. ab32216 and ab8245 (loading control to GAPDH) were diluted at 1μg/ml and 1/10,000 respectively and incubated overnight at 4°C. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preadsorbed (ab216773) and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preadsorbed (ab216776) secondary antibodies at 1/10,000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
Immunofluorescent staining for Insulin degrading enzyme/IDE in rat brain rat hippocampus using Rabbit polyclonal to Insulin degrading enzyme/IDE (ab32216). . The staining is located in the neuronal soma and is finely punctuated. The picture was acquired using the X20 objective. Protocol details: Rats were intracardially perfused with 4% paraformaldehyde. Whole brain tissue was post-fixed overnight in the same fixative, and cryoprotected in 20% sucrose and frozen in OCT. 30µm coronal sections were cut by cryostat for use in fre floating IHC. Primary antibody ab32216 was incubated overnight at 1/100 at room temperature. Secondary antibody Alexa fluor 488 1/1000 was incubated for 2 hours at room temperature.
All lanes : Anti-Insulin degrading enzyme / IDE antibody (ab32216) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Mouse Brain at 20 µg/ml
Lane 2 : Brain (Rat) Whole Cell Lysate - normal tissue at 20 µg
Lane 3 : Mouse Hippocampus Lysate at 20 µg
Lane 4 : Rat Hippocampus Lysate at 20 µg
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 680) at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 118 kDa
Observed band size: 118 kDa
ab32216 has been referenced in 49 publications.
- Gee MS et al. A selective p38a/ß MAPK inhibitor alleviates neuropathology and cognitive impairment, and modulates microglia function in 5XFAD mouse. Alzheimers Res Ther 12:45 (2020). PubMed: 32317025
- Su W et al. Deletion of the Capn1 Gene Results in Alterations in Signaling Pathways Related to Alzheimer's Disease, Protein Quality Control and Synaptic Plasticity in Mouse Brain. Front Genet 11:334 (2020). PubMed: 32328086
- Kurauti MA et al. Hyperinsulinemia is associated with increasing insulin secretion but not with decreasing insulin clearance in an age-related metabolic dysfunction mice model. J Cell Physiol 234:9802-9809 (2019). PubMed: 30370604
- Zhang R et al. Aquaporin 4 deletion exacerbates brain impairments in a mouse model of chronic sleep disruption. CNS Neurosci Ther N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31364823
- Bronczek GA et al. The Bile Acid TUDCA Improves Beta-Cell Mass and Reduces Insulin Degradation in Mice With Early-Stage of Type-1 Diabetes. Front Physiol 10:561 (2019). PubMed: 31156453