Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [16B4] to Integrin alpha 2+beta 1
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IP, Flow Cyt, ELISA, IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Integrin alpha 2+beta 1 antibody [16B4]
See all Integrin alpha 2+beta 1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [16B4] to Integrin alpha 2+beta 1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IP, Flow Cyt, ELISA, IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to Human Integrin alpha 2+beta 1.
- ICC-IF: A431 cells
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 6.97% L-Arginine
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesab30483 was purified from tissue culture supernatant
Primary antibody notesab30483 is identified as capable of immunoprecipitating a non-reducible alpha subunit from I125 surface labelled Human cell line extract. It is confirmed as specific to the alpha 2 subunit by relative expression of antigen on various cell lines by FACS, and its recognition of affinity purified alpha 2 beta 1 in dot blots.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab30483 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 - 10 µg/ml.|
|IP||Use a concentration of 25 - 50 µg/ml.|
|Flow Cyt||Use 0.1µg for 106 cells.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|ELISA||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|IHC-Fr||Use a concentration of 30 - 40 µg/ml.|
Cellular localizationCell Membrane; single-pass type I membrane protein
- CD29 antibody
- CD49B antibody
- Collagen receptor antibody
Overlay histogram showing HT1080 cells stained with ab30483 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab30483, 0.1μg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was a goat anti-mouse Alexa Fluor® 488 (IgG; H+L) (ab150113) at 1/2000 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 1μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter. This antibody gave a positive signal in HT1080 cells fixed with 80% methanol (5 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
ab30483 stained in A431cells. The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10min) at room temperature and incubated with PBS containing 10% goat serum, 0.3 M glycine, 1% BSA and 0.1% tween for 1 hour at room temperature to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with ab30483 at 5 µg/ml and ab6046 (Rabbit polyclonal to beta tubulin) at 1 ug/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibodies were ab150117 (colored green) used at 1 ug/ml and ab150087 (pseudo-colored red) used at 2 µg/ml for 1 hour at room temperature. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (colored blue) at a concentration of 1.43 µM for 1 hour at room temperature.
ab30483 staining human breast cancer cells by ICC/IF. Cells were PFA fixed and blocked with 1% serum for 16 hours at 20°C prior to incubating with ab30483 (at 30µg/ml) for 16 hours at 4°C. An Alexa Fluor® 488 conjugated goat anti-mouse antibody, diluted 1/200, was used as the secondary.
ab30483 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Wang W et al. IWR-1 Inhibits Collagen-Induced Platelet Activation and Protects against Thrombogenesis. Hamostaseologie N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30849780
- Mrazkova B et al. Induction, regulation and roles of neural adhesion molecule L1CAM in cellular senescence. Aging (Albany NY) 10:434-462 (2018). WB . PubMed: 29615539
- Chung CH et al. Aggretin Venom Polypeptide as a Novel Anti-angiogenesis Agent by Targeting Integrin alpha2beta1. Sci Rep 7:43612 (2017). PubMed: 28252668
- Suarez E et al. Identification of biomarkers involved in differential profiling of hypertrophic and keloid scars versus normal skin. Arch Dermatol Res 307:115-33 (2015). PubMed: 25322916
- Beaver CM et al. Clonogenicity: holoclones and meroclones contain stem cells. PLoS One 9:e89834 (2014). Mouse . PubMed: 24587067
- Chaterji S et al. Syndecan-1 regulates vascular smooth muscle cell phenotype. PLoS One 9:e89824 (2014). Mouse . PubMed: 24587062
- Menhofer MH et al. In vitro and in vivo characterization of the actin polymerizing compound chondramide as an angiogenic inhibitor. Cardiovasc Res N/A:N/A (2014). PubMed: 25239826
- Tuckwell DS et al. Monoclonal antibodies identify residues 199-216 of the integrin alpha2 vWFA domain as a functionally important region within alpha2beta1. Biochem J 350 Pt 2:485-93 (2000). PubMed: 10947963
- Fitter S et al. Transmembrane 4 superfamily protein CD151 (PETA-3) associates with beta 1 and alpha IIb beta 3 integrins in haemopoietic cell lines and modulates cell-cell adhesion. Biochem J 338 ( Pt 1):61-70 (1999). PubMed: 9931299
- Sincock PM et al. PETA-3/CD151, a member of the transmembrane 4 superfamily, is localised to the plasma membrane and endocytic system of endothelial cells, associates with multiple integrins and modulates cell function. J Cell Sci 112 ( Pt 6):833-44 (1999). PubMed: 10036233