Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [P1E6] to Integrin alpha 2+beta 1
- Suitable for: IP, Blocking, Neutralising, Flow Cyt, Inhibition Assay, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Integrin alpha 2+beta 1 antibody [P1E6]
See all Integrin alpha 2+beta 1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [P1E6] to Integrin alpha 2+beta 1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IP, Blocking, Neutralising, Flow Cyt, Inhibition Assay, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Tissue, cells or virus corresponding to Integrin alpha 2+beta 1. HT1080 fibrosarcoma cells.
- ICC/IF: HepG2 cells. Flow Cyt: HT1080 cells.
This antibody clone is manufactured by Abcam.
ab24697 is effective in blocking adhesion cells to collagen coated surfaces. It immunoprecipitates the a2 subunit (reducing) or a2 complexed with ß1 from surface labeled cell lysates (non-reducing). In imunofluorescence, this antibody can be used to detect a2 in collagen dependent focal adhesions.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 6.97% L-Arginine
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Primary antibody notesab24697 is effective in blocking adhesion cells to collagen coated surfaces. It immunoprecipitates the a2 subunit (reducing) or a2 complexed with ß1 from surface labeled cell lysates (non-reducing). In imunofluorescence, this antibody can be used to detect a2 in collagen dependent focal adhesions.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab24697 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Blocking||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Neutralising||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Flow Cyt||Use 1µg for 106 cells.
(Also PMID - 19780039)
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|Inhibition Assay||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 - 10 µg/ml.|
Cellular localizationCell Membrane; single-pass type I membrane protein
- CD29 antibody
- CD49B antibody
- Collagen receptor antibody
Overlay histogram showing HT1080 cells stained with ab24697 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab24697, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was a goat anti-mouse DyLight® 488 (IgG; H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive result in 80% methanol (5 min) fixed HT1080 cells used under the same conditions.
Please note that Abcam do not have any data for use of this antibody on non-fixed cells. We welcome any customer feedback.
ICC/IF image of ab24697 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 4% paraformaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab24697, 10µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96879, DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab24697 has been referenced in 15 publications.
- Stanton AE et al. Extracellular matrix type modulates mechanotransduction of stem cells. Acta Biomater 96:310-320 (2019). PubMed: 31255664
- Yen CH et al. Increased Cell Detachment Ratio of Mesenchymal-Type Lung Cancer Cells on pH-Responsive Chitosan through the ß3 Integrin. Mar Drugs 17:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31771240
- Wang KH et al. Loss of calponin h1 confers anoikis resistance and tumor progression in the development of high-grade serous carcinoma originating from the fallopian tube epithelium. Oncotarget 8:61133-61145 (2017). PubMed: 28977852
- Afratis NA et al. IGF-IR cooperates with ERa to inhibit breast cancer cell aggressiveness by regulating the expression and localisation of ECM molecules. Sci Rep 7:40138 (2017). PubMed: 28079144
- Chung CH et al. Aggretin Venom Polypeptide as a Novel Anti-angiogenesis Agent by Targeting Integrin alpha2beta1. Sci Rep 7:43612 (2017). PubMed: 28252668