Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [HP2/1] to Integrin alpha 4/CD49D
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr, IP, ICC/IF
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Integrin alpha 4/CD49D antibody [HP2/1]
See all Integrin alpha 4/CD49D primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [HP2/1] to Integrin alpha 4/CD49D
SpecificityThis antibody recognises the 80kD alpha chain of VLA-4. Reacts with monocytes, T cells, B cells, thymocytes and Langerhans cells.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr, IP, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Tissue, cells or virus corresponding to Human Integrin alpha 4/CD49D.
- ICC/IF: wildtype HAP-1 cells.
Can be used in basic studies of VLA-4 mediated adhesion and its interaction with the VCAM-1 structure. HP2/1 inhibits cell binding to soluble VCAM-1.
This product was previously labelled as Integrin alpha 4
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Primary antibody notesCan be used in basic studies of VLA-4 mediated adhesion and its interaction with the VCAM-1 structure. HP2/1 inhibits cell binding to soluble VCAM-1.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab22858 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use 1µg for 105 cells.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionIntegrins alpha-4/beta-1 (VLA-4) and alpha-4/beta-7 are receptors for fibronectin. They recognize one or more domains within the alternatively spliced CS-1 and CS-5 regions of fibronectin. They are also receptors for VCAM1. Integrin alpha-4/beta-1 recognizes the sequence Q-I-D-S in VCAM1. Integrin alpha-4/beta-7 is also a receptor for MADCAM1. It recognizes the sequence L-D-T in MADCAM1. On activated endothelial cells integrin VLA-4 triggers homotypic aggregation for most VLA-4-positive leukocyte cell lines. It may also participate in cytolytic T-cell interactions with target cells.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the integrin alpha chain family.
Contains 7 FG-GAP repeats.
DomainThe SG1 motif is involved in binding to chondroitin sulfate glycosaminoglycan and cell adhesion.
modificationsPhosphorylation on Ser-1027 inhibits PXN binding.
- Information by UniProt
- 269C wild type antibody
- Antigen CD49D, alpha 4 subunit of VLA 4 receptor antibody
- CD49 antigen like family member D antibody
ab22858 staining Integrin alpha 4/CD49D in wild-type HAP1 cells (top panel) and Integrin alpha 4/CD49D knockout HAP1 cells (bottom panel). The cells were fixed with 4% formaldehyde (10min), permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100 for 5 minutes and then blocked with 1% BSA/10% normal goat serum/0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h. The cells were then incubated with ab22858 at 5μg/ml concentration and ab202272 at 1/250 dilution (shown in pseudo colour red) overnight at +4°C, followed by a further incubation at room temperature for 1h with a goat secondary antibody to Mouse IgG (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab150117) at 2 μg/ml (shown in green). Nuclear DNA was labelled in blue with DAPI.
ab22858 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Langel SN et al. Stage of Gestation at Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea Virus Infection of Pregnant Swine Impacts Maternal Immunity and Lactogenic Immune Protection of Neonatal Suckling Piglets. Front Immunol 10:727 (2019). PubMed: 31068924
- Zhang YL et al. SPON2 Promotes M1-like Macrophage Recruitment and Inhibits Hepatocellular Carcinoma Metastasis by Distinct Integrin-Rho GTPase-Hippo Pathways. Cancer Res 78:2305-2317 (2018). PubMed: 29440144
- Connolly NP et al. Genetically engineered rat gliomas: PDGF-driven tumor initiation and progression in tv-a transgenic rats recreate key features of human brain cancer. PLoS One 12:e0174557 (2017). IHC-Fr ; Rat . PubMed: 28358926
- Qi J et al. Identification, characterization, and epitope mapping of human monoclonal antibody J19 that specifically recognizes activated integrin a4ß7. J Biol Chem 287:15749-59 (2012). Flow Cyt ; Human . PubMed: 22418441