Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [5H10-27 (MFR5)] to Integrin alpha 5
- Suitable for: Functional Studies, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-Integrin alpha 5 antibody [5H10-27 (MFR5)]
See all Integrin alpha 5 primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [5H10-27 (MFR5)] to Integrin alpha 5
Specificityab25251 is specific for the alpha 5 subunit of the integrin alpha 5 beta 1 fibronectin receptor.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Functional Studies, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt, IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
C57BL/6 x A/J F1 mast cell line MC/9 (Mouse)
Soluble ab25251 inhibits VLA5-mediated functions in vitro. Immobilized ab25251 has also been demonstrated to co-stimulate the proliferative response of CD8+ T cells to plate-bound antiCD3 monoclonal antibody.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 8.20
Constituent: 100% Borate buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
Primary antibody notesSoluble ab25251 inhibits VLA5-mediated functions in vitro. Immobilized ab25251 has also been demonstrated to co-stimulate the proliferative response of CD8+ T cells to plate-bound antiCD3 monoclonal antibody.
Clone number5H10-27 (MFR5)
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab25251 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Functional Studies||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
T-cell co-stimulation, In vitro blocking of adhesion.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Use up to 1ug/106 cells.
ab18450 - Rat monoclonal IgG2a, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionIntegrin alpha-5/beta-1 is a receptor for fibronectin and fibrinogen. It recognizes the sequence R-G-D in its ligands. In case of HIV-1 infection, the interaction with extracellular viral Tat protein seems to enhance angiogenesis in Kaposi's sarcoma lesions.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the integrin alpha chain family.
Contains 7 FG-GAP repeats.
- Information by UniProt
- CD49 antigen-like family member E antibody
- CD49e antibody
- Fibronectin receptor subunit alpha antibody
ab25251 staining Integrin alpha 5 in Mouse Embryonic Fibroblast (MEF) cells by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence. Cells were fixed in paraformaldehyde and permeabilized in Triton X-100. The primary antibody was diluted 1/100 and incubated with the sample for 1 hour at 25°C. The secondary antibody was Alexa Fluor® 546-conjugated goat anti-rat polyclonal, diluted 1/200.
ab25251 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Ho TC et al. The Psoriasis Therapeutic Potential of a Novel Short Laminin Peptide C16. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31252620
- Wang X et al. Knockdown of HMGN2 increases the internalization of Klebsiella pneumoniae by respiratory epithelial cells through the regulation of a5ß1 integrin expression. Int J Mol Med 38:737-46 (2016). Human . PubMed: 27460641
- Luxenburg C et al. Involvement of actin polymerization in podosome dynamics. J Cell Sci 125:1666-72 (2012). PubMed: 22328507
- Rich S et al. Role of alpha 5 beta 1 integrin in TGF-beta 1-costimulated CD8+ T cell growth and apoptosis. J Immunol 157:2916-23 (1996). PubMed: 8816397
- Uhlenkott CE et al. Attachment, invasion, chemotaxis, and proteinase expression of B16-BL6 melanoma cells exhibiting a low metastatic phenotype after exposure to dietary restriction of tyrosine and phenylalanine. Clin Exp Metastasis 14:125-37 (1996). PubMed: 8605726
- Schultz JF & Armant DR Beta 1- and beta 3-class integrins mediate fibronectin binding activity at the surface of developing mouse peri-implantation blastocysts. Regulation by ligand-induced mobilization of stored receptor. J Biol Chem 270:11522-31 (1995). PubMed: 7538116
- Halvorson MJ & Coligan JE Enhancement of VLA integrin receptor function on thymocytes by cAMP is dependent on the maturation stage of the thymocytes. J Immunol 155:4567-74 (1995). PubMed: 7594454
- Kinashi T & Springer TA Adhesion molecules in hematopoietic cells. Blood Cells 20:25-44 (1994). PubMed: 7527678