Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Integrin alpha 6
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-Integrin alpha 6 antibody
See all Integrin alpha 6 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Integrin alpha 6
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Cow
Recombinant fragment, corresponding to amino acids 526-803 of Human Integrin alpha 6 isoform Alpha-6XIA (NP_000201).
- 293T, A431, HeLaS3, HepG2 and Raji cell lysate. H1299 whole cell lysate.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 1.21% Tris, 0.75% Glycine, 10% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine)
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab97760 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
1/500 - 1/3000. Predicted molecular weight: 120 kDa.
1/500 - 1/3000. Predicted molecular weight: 120 kDa.
FunctionIntegrin alpha-6/beta-1 is a receptor for laminin on platelets. Integrin alpha-6/beta-4 is a receptor for laminin in epithelial cells and it plays a critical structural role in the hemidesmosome (By similarity). ITGA6:ITGB4 binds to NRG1 (via EGF domain) and this binding is essential for NRG1-ERBB signaling (PubMed:20682778). ITGA6:ITGB4 binds to IGF1 and this binding is essential for IGF1 signaling (PubMed:22351760).
Tissue specificityIntegrin alpha-6/beta-4 is predominantly expressed by epithelia. Isoforms containing segment X1 are ubiquitously expressed. Isoforms containing segment X1X2 are expressed in heart, kidney, placenta, colon, duodenum, myoblasts and myotubes, and in a limited number of cell lines; they are always coexpressed with the ubiquitous isoform containing segment X1. In some tissues (e.g. Salivary gland), isoforms containing cytoplasmic segment A and isoforms containing segment B are detected while in others, only isoforms containing one cytoplasmic segment are found (segment A in epidermis and segment B in kidney).
Involvement in diseaseEpidermolysis bullosa letalis, with pyloric atresia
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the integrin alpha chain family.
Contains 7 FG-GAP repeats.
modificationsIsoforms containing segment A, but not segment B, are the major targets for PMA-induced phosphorylation. Phosphorylation occurs on 'Ser-1103' of isoform alpha-6X1X2A. Phosphorylation is not required for the induction of integrin alpha-6A/beta-1 high affinity but may reduce the affinity for ligand.
In invasive prostate cancer ITGA6 undergoes PLAU-mediated cleavage at residues Arg-634-635-Arg in a time-dependent manner enhancing cell invasion and migration in vitro.
Palmitoylation by DHHC3 enhances stability and cell surface expression.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Alpha6p antibody
- CD49 antigen-like family member F antibody
- CD49f antibody
ab97760 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Gao Q et al. Functional Passenger-Strand miRNAs in Exosomes Derived from Human Colon Cancer Cells and Their Heterogeneous Paracrine Effects. Int J Biol Sci 16:1044-1058 (2020). PubMed: 32140072
- Gong LB et al. FKBP10 Acts as a New Biomarker for Prognosis and Lymph Node Metastasis of Gastric Cancer by Bioinformatics Analysis and in Vitro Experiments. Onco Targets Ther 13:7399-7409 (2020). PubMed: 32801763
- Iglesia RP et al. Engagement of cellular prion protein with the co-chaperone Hsp70/90 organizing protein regulates the proliferation of glioblastoma stem-like cells. Stem Cell Res Ther 8:76 (2017). PubMed: 28412969
- Loh KH et al. Proteomic Analysis of Unbounded Cellular Compartments: Synaptic Clefts. Cell 166:1295-1307.e21 (2016). PubMed: 27565350
- Zhao F et al. Up-regulation of integrin a6ß4 expression by mitogens involved in dairy cow mammary development. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 51:287-99 (2015). PubMed: 25319126
- Termini CM et al. The membrane scaffold CD82 regulates cell adhesion by altering a4 integrin stability and molecular density. Mol Biol Cell 25:1560-73 (2014). PubMed: 24623721
- Kinoshita T et al. Tumour-suppressive microRNA-29s inhibit cancer cell migration and invasion by targeting laminin-integrin signalling in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Br J Cancer 109:2636-45 (2013). WB ; Human . PubMed: 24091622
- Greciano PG et al. Laminin 511 partners with laminin 332 to mediate directional migration of Madin-Darby canine kidney epithelial cells. Mol Biol Cell 23:121-36 (2012). WB ; Dog . PubMed: 22031290