Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR5578] to Integrin alpha 6
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-Integrin alpha 6 antibody [EPR5578]
See all Integrin alpha 6 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR5578] to Integrin alpha 6
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC or IHC-P
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Integrin alpha 6 aa 100-200. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P23229
- JAR, HT1376, and Human platelet lysates; Human kidney tissue.
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Dissociation constant (KD)KD = 2.29 x 10 -10 M Learn more about KD
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab124924 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 126 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 126 kDa).|
FunctionIntegrin alpha-6/beta-1 is a receptor for laminin on platelets. Integrin alpha-6/beta-4 is a receptor for laminin in epithelial cells and it plays a critical structural role in the hemidesmosome (By similarity). ITGA6:ITGB4 binds to NRG1 (via EGF domain) and this binding is essential for NRG1-ERBB signaling (PubMed:20682778). ITGA6:ITGB4 binds to IGF1 and this binding is essential for IGF1 signaling (PubMed:22351760).
Tissue specificityIntegrin alpha-6/beta-4 is predominantly expressed by epithelia. Isoforms containing segment X1 are ubiquitously expressed. Isoforms containing segment X1X2 are expressed in heart, kidney, placenta, colon, duodenum, myoblasts and myotubes, and in a limited number of cell lines; they are always coexpressed with the ubiquitous isoform containing segment X1. In some tissues (e.g. Salivary gland), isoforms containing cytoplasmic segment A and isoforms containing segment B are detected while in others, only isoforms containing one cytoplasmic segment are found (segment A in epidermis and segment B in kidney).
Involvement in diseaseEpidermolysis bullosa letalis, with pyloric atresia
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the integrin alpha chain family.
Contains 7 FG-GAP repeats.
modificationsIsoforms containing segment A, but not segment B, are the major targets for PMA-induced phosphorylation. Phosphorylation occurs on 'Ser-1103' of isoform alpha-6X1X2A. Phosphorylation is not required for the induction of integrin alpha-6A/beta-1 high affinity but may reduce the affinity for ligand.
In invasive prostate cancer ITGA6 undergoes PLAU-mediated cleavage at residues Arg-634-635-Arg in a time-dependent manner enhancing cell invasion and migration in vitro.
Palmitoylation by DHHC3 enhances stability and cell surface expression.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Alpha6p antibody
- CD49 antigen-like family member F antibody
- CD49f antibody
All lanes : Anti-Integrin alpha 6 antibody [EPR5578] (ab124924) at 1/10000 dilution (purified)
Lane 1 : HT-1376 cell lysate
Lane 2 : JAR cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size: 126 kDa
Observed band size: 126 kDa
Blocking buffer: 5% NFDM/TBST
Dilution buffer: 5% NFDM/TBST
All lanes : Anti-Integrin alpha 6 antibody [EPR5578] (ab124924) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : JAR cell lysates
Lane 2 : HT1376 cell lysates
Lane 3 : Human platelet lysates
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP-conjugated goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 126 kDa
Equilibrium disassociation constant (KD)
Learn more about KD
Click here to learn more about KD
ab124924 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Kurita T et al. Pathological mechanisms of laryngeal papillomatosis based on laryngeal epithelial characteristics. Laryngoscope Investig Otolaryngol 4:89-94 (2019). PubMed: 30828624
- Hu T et al. Integrin a6/Akt/Erk signaling is essential for human breast cancer resistance to radiotherapy. Sci Rep 6:33376 (2016). PubMed: 27624978
- Ocampo A et al. In Vivo Amelioration of Age-Associated Hallmarks by Partial Reprogramming. Cell 167:1719-1733.e12 (2016). PubMed: 27984723
- Suprynowicz FA et al. Conditionally reprogrammed cells represent a stem-like state of adult epithelial cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:20035-40 (2012). WB ; Human . PubMed: 23169653
- Kariya Y & Gu J N-glycosylation of ß4 integrin controls the adhesion and motility of keratinocytes. PLoS One 6:e27084 (2011). WB . PubMed: 22073258