Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [GoH3] to Integrin alpha 6
- Suitable for: IP, ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-Integrin alpha 6 antibody [GoH3]
See all Integrin alpha 6 primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [GoH3] to Integrin alpha 6
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IP, ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
The details of the immunogen for this antibody are not available.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab105669 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 19762710|
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
This can be used at less than or equal to 0.5 µg per test. A test is defined as the amount (µg) of antibody that will stain a cell sample in a final volume of 100 µL. Cell number should be determined empirically but can range from 105 to 108 cells/test. It is recommended that the antibody be carefully titrated for optimal performance in the assay of interest.
FunctionIntegrin alpha-6/beta-1 is a receptor for laminin on platelets. Integrin alpha-6/beta-4 is a receptor for laminin in epithelial cells and it plays a critical structural role in the hemidesmosome (By similarity). ITGA6:ITGB4 binds to NRG1 (via EGF domain) and this binding is essential for NRG1-ERBB signaling (PubMed:20682778). ITGA6:ITGB4 binds to IGF1 and this binding is essential for IGF1 signaling (PubMed:22351760).
Tissue specificityIntegrin alpha-6/beta-4 is predominantly expressed by epithelia. Isoforms containing segment X1 are ubiquitously expressed. Isoforms containing segment X1X2 are expressed in heart, kidney, placenta, colon, duodenum, myoblasts and myotubes, and in a limited number of cell lines; they are always coexpressed with the ubiquitous isoform containing segment X1. In some tissues (e.g. Salivary gland), isoforms containing cytoplasmic segment A and isoforms containing segment B are detected while in others, only isoforms containing one cytoplasmic segment are found (segment A in epidermis and segment B in kidney).
Involvement in diseaseEpidermolysis bullosa letalis, with pyloric atresia
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the integrin alpha chain family.
Contains 7 FG-GAP repeats.
modificationsIsoforms containing segment A, but not segment B, are the major targets for PMA-induced phosphorylation. Phosphorylation occurs on 'Ser-1103' of isoform alpha-6X1X2A. Phosphorylation is not required for the induction of integrin alpha-6A/beta-1 high affinity but may reduce the affinity for ligand.
In invasive prostate cancer ITGA6 undergoes PLAU-mediated cleavage at residues Arg-634-635-Arg in a time-dependent manner enhancing cell invasion and migration in vitro.
Palmitoylation by DHHC3 enhances stability and cell surface expression.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Alpha6p antibody
- CD49 antigen-like family member F antibody
- CD49f antibody
ab105669 staining Integrin alpha 6 in undifferentiated human embryonic stem cells on a murine embryonic fibroblast (MEFs) feeding layer by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence). Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized and blocked with 1% serum for 30 minutes at room temperature. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100 in 1% serum, 0.1% triton, 0.1% BSA + PBS) for 16 hours at 4°C. An Alexa Flour® 488-conjugated donkey anti-rat IgG polyclonal was used as the secondary antibody at a dilution of 1/500.
Staining of normal human peripheral blood cells with 0.25 ug of Rat IgG2a Isotype Control Purified (open histogram)or 0.25 ug of Anti-Human/Mouse CD49f (Integrin alpha 6) Purified (filled histogram) followed by Anti-Rat IgG PE Cells in the lymphocyte gate were used for analysis
ab105669 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Zhang K & Manninen A 3D Cell Culture Models of Epithelial Tissues. Methods Mol Biol 1926:77-84 (2019). PubMed: 30742264
- Broeckx SY et al. Equine epidermis: a source of epithelial-like stem/progenitor cells with in vitro and in vivo regenerative capacities. Stem Cells Dev 23:1134-48 (2014). PubMed: 24368059
- Scheffer KD et al. Tetraspanin CD151 mediates papillomavirus type 16 endocytosis. J Virol 87:3435-46 (2013). Flow Cyt ; Human . PubMed: 23302890
- Gupton SL et al. Mena binds a5 integrin directly and modulates a5ß1 function. J Cell Biol 198:657-76 (2012). IF . PubMed: 22908313
- Collins-Hooper H et al. Age-related changes in speed and mechanism of adult skeletal muscle stem cell migration. Stem Cells 30:1182-95 (2012). PubMed: 22593017
- Lai-Cheong JE et al. Loss-of-function FERMT1 mutations in kindler syndrome implicate a role for fermitin family homolog-1 in integrin activation. Am J Pathol 175:1431-41 (2009). PubMed: 19762710