Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [272-17E6] to Integrin alpha V - BSA and Azide free
- Suitable for: Inhibition Assay, Flow Cyt, IP
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Integrin alpha V antibody [272-17E6] - BSA and Azide free
See all Integrin alpha V primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [272-17E6] to Integrin alpha V - BSA and Azide free
SpecificityCross reacts with all alpha V integrins.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Inhibition Assay, Flow Cyt, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react with: Mouse
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to Human Integrin alpha V. Human Placental ?vß3
Database link: P06756
- Flow Cyt: Human melanoma cells and HeLa cells
This product was changed from ascites to tissue culture supernatant on 17 May 2019. Please note that the dilutions may need to be adjusted accordingly. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our scientific support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab16821 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Inhibition Assay||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionThe alpha-V integrins are receptors for vitronectin, cytotactin, fibronectin, fibrinogen, laminin, matrix metalloproteinase-2, osteopontin, osteomodulin, prothrombin, thrombospondin and vWF. They recognize the sequence R-G-D in a wide array of ligands. In case of HIV-1 infection, the interaction with extracellular viral Tat protein seems to enhance angiogenesis in Kaposi's sarcoma lesions.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the integrin alpha chain family.
Contains 7 FG-GAP repeats.
- Information by UniProt
- antigen identified by monoclonal antibody L230 antibody
- CD 51 antibody
- CD51 antibody
Flow Cytometry analysis of HeLa cells labeling Integrin alpha V with ab16821 at 0.5 µg (red), or with 1 µg of Mouse IgG isotype control.
ab16821 staining Integrin alpha V in Human melanoma cells by Flow Cytometery. Samples were prepared by trypsinizing cells, treatment with STI and spun out trypsin, kept on ice during experiment duration. FSC and SSC were used to gate healthy cell population, which excluded PI positive cells. The primary antibody was diluted 1/250 and incubated with sample for 1 hour at 4°C in 2% FCS/0. 1%NaAzide/PBS. An Alexa Fuor® 488-conjugated Goat polyclonal to mouse IgG was used at dilution at 1/500 as secondary antibody.
This image was generated using the ascites version of the product.
ab16821 has been referenced in 19 publications.
- Wang D et al. Soluble CD146, a cerebrospinal fluid marker for neuroinflammation, promotes blood-brain barrier dysfunction. Theranostics 10:231-246 (2020). PubMed: 31903117
- Kuroda H et al. Cluster of Differentiation 46 is the Major Receptor in Human Blood-Brain Barrier Endothelial Cells for Uptake of Exosomes Derived from Brain-Metastatic Melanoma Cells (SK-Mel-28). Mol Pharm N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30452273
- Diggins NL et al. a5ß1 integrin trafficking and Rac activation are regulated by APPL1 in a Rab5-dependent manner to inhibit cell migration. J Cell Sci 131:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29361527
- Tong MH et al. Preferential sensing and response to microenvironment stiffness of human dermal fibroblast cultured on protein micropatterns fabricated by 3D multiphoton biofabrication. Sci Rep 7:12402 (2017). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 28963517
- Miklos W et al. Loss of phosphodiesterase 4D mediates acquired triapine resistance via Epac-Rap1-Integrin signaling. Oncotarget 7:84556-84574 (2016). PubMed: 27602951