Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [272-17E6] to Integrin alpha V - BSA and Azide free
- Suitable for: Inhibition Assay, Flow Cyt, IP
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Integrin alpha V antibody [272-17E6] - BSA and Azide free
See all Integrin alpha V primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [272-17E6] to Integrin alpha V - BSA and Azide free
SpecificityCross reacts with all alpha V integrins.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Inhibition Assay, Flow Cyt, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react with: Mouse
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to Human Integrin alpha V. Human Placental ?vß3
Database link: P06756
- Flow Cyt: Human melanoma cells and HeLa cells
This product was changed from ascites to tissue culture supernatant on 17 May 2019. Please note that the dilutions may need to be adjusted accordingly. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our scientific support team.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab16821 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Inhibition Assay||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionThe alpha-V integrins are receptors for vitronectin, cytotactin, fibronectin, fibrinogen, laminin, matrix metalloproteinase-2, osteopontin, osteomodulin, prothrombin, thrombospondin and vWF. They recognize the sequence R-G-D in a wide array of ligands. In case of HIV-1 infection, the interaction with extracellular viral Tat protein seems to enhance angiogenesis in Kaposi's sarcoma lesions.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the integrin alpha chain family.
Contains 7 FG-GAP repeats.
- Information by UniProt
- antigen identified by monoclonal antibody L230 antibody
- CD 51 antibody
- CD51 antibody
Flow Cytometry analysis of HeLa cells labeling Integrin alpha V with ab16821 at 0.5 µg (red), or with 1 µg of Mouse IgG isotype control.
ab16821 staining Integrin alpha V in Human melanoma cells by Flow Cytometery. Samples were prepared by trypsinizing cells, treatment with STI and spun out trypsin, kept on ice during experiment duration. FSC and SSC were used to gate healthy cell population, which excluded PI positive cells. The primary antibody was diluted 1/250 and incubated with sample for 1 hour at 4°C in 2% FCS/0. 1%NaAzide/PBS. An Alexa Fuor® 488-conjugated Goat polyclonal to mouse IgG was used at dilution at 1/500 as secondary antibody.
This image was generated using the ascites version of the product.
ab16821 has been referenced in 19 publications.
- Wang D et al. Soluble CD146, a cerebrospinal fluid marker for neuroinflammation, promotes blood-brain barrier dysfunction. Theranostics 10:231-246 (2020). PubMed: 31903117
- Kuroda H et al. Cluster of Differentiation 46 is the Major Receptor in Human Blood-Brain Barrier Endothelial Cells for Uptake of Exosomes Derived from Brain-Metastatic Melanoma Cells (SK-Mel-28). Mol Pharm N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30452273
- Diggins NL et al. a5ß1 integrin trafficking and Rac activation are regulated by APPL1 in a Rab5-dependent manner to inhibit cell migration. J Cell Sci 131:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29361527
- Tong MH et al. Preferential sensing and response to microenvironment stiffness of human dermal fibroblast cultured on protein micropatterns fabricated by 3D multiphoton biofabrication. Sci Rep 7:12402 (2017). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 28963517
- Miklos W et al. Loss of phosphodiesterase 4D mediates acquired triapine resistance via Epac-Rap1-Integrin signaling. Oncotarget 7:84556-84574 (2016). PubMed: 27602951