Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR5583] to Integrin alpha V
- Suitable for: WB, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Integrin alpha V antibody [EPR5583]
See all Integrin alpha V primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR5583] to Integrin alpha V
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Flow Cytmore details
Unsuitable for: ICC,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Integrin alpha V aa 1000-1100 (intracellular). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P06756
- A549, A431, C6, RAW264.7, PC12, and NIH 3T3 cell lysates; A549 cells.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Dissociation constant (KD)KD = 3.20 x 10 -12 M Learn more about KD
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab124968 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 25, 150 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 86, 116 kDa).|
|Flow Cyt||1/10 - 1/100.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionThe alpha-V integrins are receptors for vitronectin, cytotactin, fibronectin, fibrinogen, laminin, matrix metalloproteinase-2, osteopontin, osteomodulin, prothrombin, thrombospondin and vWF. They recognize the sequence R-G-D in a wide array of ligands. In case of HIV-1 infection, the interaction with extracellular viral Tat protein seems to enhance angiogenesis in Kaposi's sarcoma lesions.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the integrin alpha chain family.
Contains 7 FG-GAP repeats.
- Information by UniProt
- antigen identified by monoclonal antibody L230 antibody
- CD 51 antibody
- CD51 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Integrin alpha V antibody [EPR5583] (ab124968) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : A549 cell lysates
Lane 2 : A431 cell lysates
Lane 3 : C6 cell lysates
Lane 4 : RAW264.7 cell lysates
Lane 5 : PC12 cell lysates
Lane 6 : NIH 3T3 cell lysates
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 86, 116 kDa
ab124968 at 1/10 dilution staining Integrin alpha V in permeabilized A549 cells by Flow cytometry (red) or a rabbit IgG (negative) (green).
Equilibrium disassociation constant (KD)
Learn more about KD
Click here to learn more about KD
ab124968 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Aseervatham J & Ogbureke KUE Effects of DSPP and MMP20 Silencing on Adhesion, Metastasis, Angiogenesis, and Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition Proteins in Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma Cells. Int J Mol Sci 21:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32630820
- Mygind KJ et al. Loss of ADAM9 expression impairs ß1 integrin endocytosis, focal adhesion formation and cancer cell migration. J Cell Sci 131:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29142101
- Winkler J et al. Cellular apoptosis susceptibility (CAS) is linked to integrin ß1 and required for tumor cell migration and invasion in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC). Oncotarget 7:22883-92 (2016). WB . PubMed: 27015362
- Zhang C et al. Molecular magnetic resonance imaging of activated hepatic stellate cells with ultrasmall superparamagnetic iron oxide targeting integrin avß3 for staging liver fibrosis in rat model. Int J Nanomedicine 11:1097-108 (2016). WB . PubMed: 27051285