Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [P2W7] to Integrin alpha V
- Suitable for: IP, ICC/IF, WB, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Integrin alpha V antibody [P2W7]
See all Integrin alpha V primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [P2W7] to Integrin alpha V
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IP, ICC/IF, WB, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
An ocular melanoma cell line expressing high levels of human integrin alpha V beta 1.
- Tested with squamous cell carcinoma cells. A375M melanoma cell line. A549 cell line IF/ICC
General notesHuman alpha v is about 150-160kDa under non-reducing conditions. Under reducing conditions it is cleaved into 2 bands of about 125-130kDa +20-25kDa.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Purification notesThe antibody is Protein A purified from tissue culture supernatant.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11470 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Flow Cyt||Use a concentration of 1 - 10 µg/ml.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionThe alpha-V integrins are receptors for vitronectin, cytotactin, fibronectin, fibrinogen, laminin, matrix metalloproteinase-2, osteopontin, osteomodulin, prothrombin, thrombospondin and vWF. They recognize the sequence R-G-D in a wide array of ligands. In case of HIV-1 infection, the interaction with extracellular viral Tat protein seems to enhance angiogenesis in Kaposi's sarcoma lesions.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the integrin alpha chain family.
Contains 7 FG-GAP repeats.
- Information by UniProt
- antigen identified by monoclonal antibody L230 antibody
- CD 51 antibody
- CD51 antibody
ICC/IF image of ab11470 stained A549 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab11470, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96879, a goat anti-mouse DyLight® 488 (IgG; H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Overlay histogram showing A549 cells stained with ab11470 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab11470, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was a goat anti-mouse DyLight® 488 (IgG; H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive result in 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) fixed A549 cells used under the same conditions.
Please note that Abcam do not have any data for use of this antibody on non-fixed cells. We welcome any customer feedback.
ab11470 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Megiorni F et al. Pharmacological targeting of the ephrin receptor kinase signalling by GLPG1790 in vitro and in vivo reverts oncophenotype, induces myogenic differentiation and radiosensitizes embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma cells. J Hematol Oncol 10:161 (2017). WB ; Human . PubMed: 28985758
- Ramanathan S et al. Thrombospondin-1 and angiotensin II inhibit soluble guanylyl cyclase through an increase in intracellular calcium concentration. Biochemistry 50:7787-99 (2011). PubMed: 21823650
- Farsinejad A et al. Classification of Iranian patients with Glanzmann's Thrombasthenia using a flow cytometric method. Platelets 22:321-7 (2011). PubMed: 21526886
- Wang C et al. transient scrotal hyperthermia and levonorgestrel enhance testosterone-induced spermatogenesis suppression in men through increased germ cell apoptosis. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:3292-304 (2007). PubMed: 17504903
- von Schlippe M et al. Functional interaction between E-cadherin and alphav-containing integrins in carcinoma cells. J Cell Sci 113 ( Pt 3):425-37 (2000). PubMed: 10639330