Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [23C6] to Integrin alpha V beta 3
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Related conjugates and formulations
Product nameAnti-Integrin alpha V beta 3 antibody [23C6]
See all Integrin alpha V beta 3 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [23C6] to Integrin alpha V beta 3
SpecificityReacts with Integrin Alpha V Beta 3. 23C6 may be useful for bone resorption modulation, osteoclast identification, receptor purification, malignant melanoma identification and treatment.
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Tissue, cells or virus corresponding to Integrin alpha V beta 3. A cell suspension containing osteoclasts from osteoclastomas.
- Positive control: Tonsil. 125/124 kDa (reduced), 150kDa (non-reduced).
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A/G purified
Light chain typeunknown
IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
Note: samples should be acetone fixed.
IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
Neut: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
RelevanceFunction: The alpha-V (ITGAV) integrins are receptors for vitronectin, cytotactin, fibronectin, fibrinogen, laminin, matrix metalloproteinase-2, osteopontin, osteomodulin, prothrombin, thrombospondin and vWF. They recognize the sequence R-G-D in a wide array of ligands. ITGAV:ITGB3 binds to fractalkine (CX3CL1) and may act as its coreceptor in CX3CR1-dependent fractalkine signaling (PubMed:23125415). ITGAV:ITGB3 binds to NRG1 (via EGF domain) and this binding is essential for NRG1-ERBB signaling (PubMed:20682778). ITGAV:ITGB3 binds to FGF1 and this binding is essential for FGF1 signaling (PubMed:18441324). ITGAV:ITGB3 binds to IGF1 and this binding is essential for IGF1 signaling (PubMed:19578119). ITGAV:ITGB3 binds to PLA2G2A via a site (site 2) which is distinct from the classical ligand-binding site (site 1) and this induces integrin conformational changes and enhanced ligand binding to site 1 (PubMed:18635536, PubMed:25398877). ITGAV:ITGB3 and ITGAV:ITGB6 act as a receptor for fibrillin-1 (FBN1) and mediate R-G-D-dependent cell adhesion to FBN1 (PubMed:12807887, PubMed:17158881). (Microbial infection) Integrin ITGAV:ITGB5 acts as a receptor for adenovirus type C (PubMed:20615244). Integrin ITGAV:ITGB5 and ITGAV:ITGB3 act as receptors for coxsackievirus A9 and B1 (PubMed:9426447, PubMed:15194773, PubMed:7519807). Integrin ITGAV:ITGB3 acts as a receptor for herpes virus 8/HHV-8 (PubMed:18045938). Integrin ITGAV:ITGB6 acts as a receptor for herpes simplex 1/HHV-1 (PubMed:24367260). Integrin ITGAV:ITGB3 acts as a receptor for Human parechovirus 1 (PubMed:11160695). Integrin ITGAV:ITGB3 acts as a receptor for West nile virus (PubMed:23658209). In case of HIV-1 infection, the interaction with extracellular viral Tat protein seems to enhance angiogenesis in Kaposi's sarcoma lesions (PubMed:10397733). Similarity: Belongs to the integrin alpha chain family. Contains 7 FG-GAP repeats.
Cellular localizationCell Membrane. Cytoplasmic. Integrin complex. Focal adhesion.
- Antigen identified by monoclonal antibody L230 antibody
- CD 51 antibody
- CD 61 antibody
ab20143 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Noonan K et al. A novel role of IL-17-producing lymphocytes in mediating lytic bone disease in multiple myeloma. Blood 116:3554-63 (2010). PubMed: 20664052
- Martino MM et al. Controlling integrin specificity and stem cell differentiation in 2D and 3D environments through regulation of fibronectin domain stability. Biomaterials 30:1089-97 (2009). PubMed: 19027948
- Scarlett A et al. Thyroid hormone stimulation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase and cell proliferation in human osteoblast-like cells is initiated at integrin alphaVbeta3. J Endocrinol 196:509-17 (2008). PubMed: 18310446
- Kinsey R et al. Fibrillin-1 microfibril deposition is dependent on fibronectin assembly. J Cell Sci 121:2696-704 (2008). PubMed: 18653538
- Lalitkumar PG et al. Mifepristone, but not levonorgestrel, inhibits human blastocyst attachment to an in vitro endometrial three-dimensional cell culture model. Hum Reprod 22:3031-7 (2007). PubMed: 17890724
- Zhou Z et al. Regulation of osteoclast function and bone mass by RAGE. J Exp Med 203:1067-80 (2006). PubMed: 16606672
- Marshall JF et al. Alpha v beta 1 is a receptor for vitronectin and fibrinogen, and acts with alpha 5 beta 1 to mediate spreading on fibronectin. J Cell Sci 108 ( Pt 3):1227-38 (1995). PubMed: 7542669
- Horton MA et al. Monoclonal antibodies to osteoclastomas (giant cell bone tumors): definition of osteoclast-specific cellular antigens. Cancer Res 45:5663-9 (1985). PubMed: 4053038