Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [avß6 53a.2] to Integrin alpha V + beta 6
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG2a
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-Integrin alpha V + beta 6 antibody [avß6 53a.2]
See all Integrin alpha V + beta 6 primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [avß6 53a.2] to Integrin alpha V + beta 6
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Mouse fibroblasts retrovirally infected with cDNA to human beta6 (3T3b6.19). Cells expressed a mouse/human avb6 chimera.
EpitopeExtracelllular region of the heterodimer.
- BT20 breast carcinoma, original immunogen.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A/G purified
Clone numberavß6 53a.2
FunctionThe alpha-V integrins are receptors for vitronectin, cytotactin, fibronectin, fibrinogen, laminin, matrix metalloproteinase-2, osteopontin, osteomodulin, prothrombin, thrombospondin and vWF. They recognize the sequence R-G-D in a wide array of ligands. In case of HIV-1 infection, the interaction with extracellular viral Tat protein seems to enhance angiogenesis in Kaposi's sarcoma lesions.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the integrin alpha chain family.
Contains 7 FG-GAP repeats.
- Information by UniProt
- CD51 antibody
- Integrin alpha-V light chain antibody
- integrin, alpha V (vitronectin receptor, alpha polypeptide, antigen CD51) antibody
ab97588 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Ran R et al. A role for CBFß in maintaining the metastatic phenotype of breast cancer cells. Oncogene 39:2624-2637 (2020). PubMed: 32005976
- Liu H et al. IL-32? promotes integrin avß6 expression through the activation of NF-?B in HSCs. Exp Ther Med 14:3880-3886 (2017). PubMed: 29042996
- Coughlan L et al. Combined fiber modifications both to target a(v)ß(6) and detarget the coxsackievirus-adenovirus receptor improve virus toxicity profiles in vivo but fail to improve antitumoral efficacy relative to adenovirus serotype 5. Hum Gene Ther 23:960-79 (2012). Flow Cyt ; Human . PubMed: 22708837
- Marsh D et al. alpha vbeta 6 Integrin promotes the invasion of morphoeic basal cell carcinoma through stromal modulation. Cancer Res 68:3295-303 (2008). PubMed: 18451156
- Myou S et al. Regulation of adhesion of AML14.3D10 cells by surface clustering of beta2-integrin caused by ERK-independent activation of cPLA2. Immunology 107:77-85 (2002). PubMed: 12225365
Customer reviews and Q&As
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES"
For licensing inquiries, please contact email@example.com