Product nameAnti-Integrin alpha V + beta 6 antibody [avß6 53a.2]
See all Integrin alpha V + beta 6 primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [avß6 53a.2] to Integrin alpha V + beta 6
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, ICC/IF, Neutralisingmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Mouse fibroblasts retrovirally infected with cDNA to human beta6 (3T3b6.19). Cells expressed a mouse/human avb6 chimera.
EpitopeExtracelllular region of the heterodimer.
- BT20 breast carcinoma, original immunogen.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A/G purified
Clone numberavß6 53a.2
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab97588 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
ab18450 - Rat monoclonal IgG2a, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|Neutralising||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionThe alpha-V integrins are receptors for vitronectin, cytotactin, fibronectin, fibrinogen, laminin, matrix metalloproteinase-2, osteopontin, osteomodulin, prothrombin, thrombospondin and vWF. They recognize the sequence R-G-D in a wide array of ligands. In case of HIV-1 infection, the interaction with extracellular viral Tat protein seems to enhance angiogenesis in Kaposi's sarcoma lesions.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the integrin alpha chain family.
Contains 7 FG-GAP repeats.
- Information by UniProt
- CD51 antibody
- Integrin alpha-V light chain antibody
- integrin, alpha V (vitronectin receptor, alpha polypeptide, antigen CD51) antibody
Flow cytometry analysis of BT-20 breast carcinoma cells staining Integrin alpha V + beta 6 with ab97588.
Cells were cultured in serum free DMEM medium before being trypsinized from the cell culture flask. The sample was incubated with the primary antibody (5 µg/ml in serum free medium) for 1 hour at 4°C. An AlexaFluor®488-conjugated donkey anti-rat IgG polyclonal (1/250) was used as the secondary antibody.
Gating Strategy: Live cells
ab97588 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Liu H et al. IL-32? promotes integrin avß6 expression through the activation of NF-?B in HSCs. Exp Ther Med 14:3880-3886 (2017). PubMed: 29042996
- Coughlan L et al. Combined fiber modifications both to target a(v)ß(6) and detarget the coxsackievirus-adenovirus receptor improve virus toxicity profiles in vivo but fail to improve antitumoral efficacy relative to adenovirus serotype 5. Hum Gene Ther 23:960-79 (2012). Flow Cyt ; Human . PubMed: 22708837
- Marsh D et al. alpha vbeta 6 Integrin promotes the invasion of morphoeic basal cell carcinoma through stromal modulation. Cancer Res 68:3295-303 (2008). PubMed: 18451156
- Myou S et al. Regulation of adhesion of AML14.3D10 cells by surface clustering of beta2-integrin caused by ERK-independent activation of cPLA2. Immunology 107:77-85 (2002). PubMed: 12225365