Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Integrin beta 3
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Integrin beta 3 antibody
See all Integrin beta 3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Integrin beta 3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Fusion protein corresponding to Human Integrin beta 3 (internal sequence). (BC127666).
Database link: P05106
- Jurkat whole cell lysate (ab7899); Human liver cancer tissue.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.4
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 49% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab197662 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 87 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/25 - 1/100.|
FunctionIntegrin alpha-V/beta-3 is a receptor for cytotactin, fibronectin, laminin, matrix metalloproteinase-2, osteopontin, osteomodulin, prothrombin, thrombospondin, vitronectin and von Willebrand factor. Integrin alpha-IIb/beta-3 is a receptor for fibronectin, fibrinogen, plasminogen, prothrombin, thrombospondin and vitronectin. Integrins alpha-IIb/beta-3 and alpha-V/beta-3 recognize the sequence R-G-D in a wide array of ligands. Integrin alpha-IIb/beta-3 recognizes the sequence H-H-L-G-G-G-A-K-Q-A-G-D-V in fibrinogen gamma chain. Following activation integrin alpha-IIb/beta-3 brings about platelet/platelet interaction through binding of soluble fibrinogen. This step leads to rapid platelet aggregation which physically plugs ruptured endothelial surface. In case of HIV-1 infection, the interaction with extracellular viral Tat protein seems to enhance angiogenesis in Kaposi's sarcoma lesions.
Tissue specificityIsoform beta-3A and isoform beta-3C are widely expressed. Isoform beta-3A is specifically expressed in osteoblast cells; isoform beta-3C is specifically expressed in prostate and testis.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ITGB3 are a cause of Glanzmann thrombasthenia (GT) [MIM:273800]; also known as thrombasthenia of Glanzmann and Naegeli. GT is the most common inherited disease of platelets. It is an autosomal recessive disorder characterized by mucocutaneous bleeding of mild-to-moderate severity and the inability of this integrin to recognize macromolecular or synthetic peptide ligands. GT has been classified clinically into types I and II. In type I, platelets show absence of the glycoprotein IIb/beta-3 complexes at their surface and lack fibrinogen and clot retraction capability. In type II, the platelets express the glycoprotein IIb/beta-3 complex at reduced levels (5-20% controls), have detectable amounts of fibrinogen, and have low or moderate clot retraction capability. The platelets of GT 'variants' have normal or near normal (60-100%) expression of dysfunctional receptors.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the integrin beta chain family.
Contains 1 VWFA domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on tyrosine residues in response to thrombin-induced platelet aggregation. Probably involved in outside-in signaling. A peptide (AA 740-762) is capable of binding GRB2 only when both Tyr-773 and Tyr-785 are phosphorylated. Phosphorylation of Thr-779 inhibits SHC binding.
- Information by UniProt
- BDPLT16 antibody
- BDPLT2 antibody
- CD 61 antibody
ab197662 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Faralli JA et al. Effect of avß3 Integrin Expression and Activity on Intraocular Pressure. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 60:1776-1788 (2019). PubMed: 31022732
- Endo Y et al. T-DM1-resistant cells gain high invasive activity via EGFR and integrin cooperated pathways. MAbs 10:1003-1017 (2018). PubMed: 30130447
- Faralli JA et al. Absence of a secondary glucocorticoid response in C57BL/6J mice treated with topical dexamethasone. PLoS One 13:e0192665 (2018). PubMed: 29499052
- Misra A et al. Integrin beta3 regulates clonality and fate of smooth muscle-derived atherosclerotic plaque cells. Nat Commun 9:2073 (2018). PubMed: 29802249
- Wu F et al. Decreased MUC1 in endometrium is an independent receptivity marker in recurrent implantation failure during implantation window. Reprod Biol Endocrinol 16:60 (2018). PubMed: 29929546
- Cheng H et al. Precise integrin-targeting near-infrared imaging-guided surgical method increases surgical qualification of peritoneal carcinomatosis from gastric cancer in mice. Oncotarget 8:6258-6272 (2017). PubMed: 28009982