Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Integrin beta 3 (phospho Y773)
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Integrin beta 3 (phospho Y773) antibody
See all Integrin beta 3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Integrin beta 3 (phospho Y773)
Specificityab38460 recognises endogenous levels of Integrin beta 3 only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 773.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic phosphopeptide derived from human Integrin beta 3 around the phosphorylation site of tyrosine 773 (PLYpKE)
- Human breast carcinoma tissue, HL-60 cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThe antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab38460 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-P: 1/50 - 1/100.
WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 87 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionIntegrin alpha-V/beta-3 is a receptor for cytotactin, fibronectin, laminin, matrix metalloproteinase-2, osteopontin, osteomodulin, prothrombin, thrombospondin, vitronectin and von Willebrand factor. Integrin alpha-IIb/beta-3 is a receptor for fibronectin, fibrinogen, plasminogen, prothrombin, thrombospondin and vitronectin. Integrins alpha-IIb/beta-3 and alpha-V/beta-3 recognize the sequence R-G-D in a wide array of ligands. Integrin alpha-IIb/beta-3 recognizes the sequence H-H-L-G-G-G-A-K-Q-A-G-D-V in fibrinogen gamma chain. Following activation integrin alpha-IIb/beta-3 brings about platelet/platelet interaction through binding of soluble fibrinogen. This step leads to rapid platelet aggregation which physically plugs ruptured endothelial surface. In case of HIV-1 infection, the interaction with extracellular viral Tat protein seems to enhance angiogenesis in Kaposi's sarcoma lesions.
Tissue specificityIsoform beta-3A and isoform beta-3C are widely expressed. Isoform beta-3A is specifically expressed in osteoblast cells; isoform beta-3C is specifically expressed in prostate and testis.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ITGB3 are a cause of Glanzmann thrombasthenia (GT) [MIM:273800]; also known as thrombasthenia of Glanzmann and Naegeli. GT is the most common inherited disease of platelets. It is an autosomal recessive disorder characterized by mucocutaneous bleeding of mild-to-moderate severity and the inability of this integrin to recognize macromolecular or synthetic peptide ligands. GT has been classified clinically into types I and II. In type I, platelets show absence of the glycoprotein IIb/beta-3 complexes at their surface and lack fibrinogen and clot retraction capability. In type II, the platelets express the glycoprotein IIb/beta-3 complex at reduced levels (5-20% controls), have detectable amounts of fibrinogen, and have low or moderate clot retraction capability. The platelets of GT 'variants' have normal or near normal (60-100%) expression of dysfunctional receptors.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the integrin beta chain family.
Contains 1 VWFA domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on tyrosine residues in response to thrombin-induced platelet aggregation. Probably involved in outside-in signaling. A peptide (AA 740-762) is capable of binding GRB2 only when both Tyr-773 and Tyr-785 are phosphorylated. Phosphorylation of Thr-779 inhibits SHC binding.
- Information by UniProt
- BDPLT16 antibody
- BDPLT2 antibody
- CD 61 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Integrin beta 3 (phospho Y773) antibody (ab38460) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Untreated extracts from HL-60 cells
Lane 2 : Hydrogen peroxide treated extracts from HL-60 cells
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 87 kDa
Observed band size: >118 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Lanes can be loaded with 5-30µg of total protein.
Immunohistochemical analysis of Integrin beta 3 (phospho Y773) expression in paraffin embedded human breast carcinoma tissue sections using 1/50 ab38460. Left: untreated sample. Right: Sample pretreated with phosphopeptide (negative control).
ab38460 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Danilucci TM et al. Recombinant RGD-disintegrin DisBa-01 blocks integrin avß3 and impairs VEGF signaling in endothelial cells. Cell Commun Signal 17:27 (2019). PubMed: 30894182
- Cammalleri M et al. The urokinase-type plasminogen activator system as drug target in retinitis pigmentosa: New pre-clinical evidence in the rd10 mouse model. J Cell Mol Med 23:5176-5192 (2019). PubMed: 31251468
- Guo S et al. GnRH agonist improves pregnancy outcome in mice with induced adenomyosis by restoring endometrial receptivity. Drug Des Devel Ther 12:1621-1631 (2018). PubMed: 29922037
- Jia D et al. Osteoprotegerin Disruption Attenuates HySu-Induced Pulmonary Hypertension Through Integrin avß3/FAK/AKT Pathway Suppression. Circ Cardiovasc Genet 10:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28077433
- Mattheij NJ et al. Dual mechanism of integrin aIIbß3 closure in procoagulant platelets. J Biol Chem 288:13325-36 (2013). PubMed: 23519467
- Sun Y et al. Carbon disulfide exposure at peri-implantation disrupts embryo implantation by decreasing integrin ß3 expression in the uterine tissue of pregnant mice. Chem Biol Interact 206:126-133 (2013). PubMed: 24025711
- Naik MU et al. JAM-A protects from thrombosis by suppressing integrin aIIbß3-dependent outside-in signaling in platelets. Blood 119:3352-60 (2012). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 22271446