Product nameAnti-Interferon alpha 2b antibody [4E10] (HRP)
See all Interferon alpha 2b primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [4E10] to Interferon alpha 2b (HRP)
SpecificityRecognizes both human recombinant IFN-a2b and IFN-a2a. Does not react with human recombinant IFN-a5 and IFN-g.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length protein (Human).
Recommended ELISA procedure for human IFN alpha 2b determination: 1. Use 96-well Nunc Maxisorp plates for the assay. Coat microwells with 100 µl/well of antibody 9D3 (ab9386) diluted to 10 µg/ml in coating buffer (0.05 M Na-carbonate, pH 9.5). Incubate overnight at +4°C. 2. Aspirate wells and block with 150 µl/well of blocking buffer (2% BSA in PBS). Incubate at RT for 1 h. 3. Aspirate wells and wash 3 times with PBST (0.1% Tween-20 in PBS). 4. Prepare standard and sample dilutions in PBST. Recommended IFN alpha 2b concentrations: from 100 pg/ml to 100 ng/ml. Add 100 µl of each standard and sample into appropriate wells. Incubate at RT for 2 h. 5. Aspirate and wash 5 times with PBST. 6. Dilute detection antibody 4E10-HRP (ab5258) 1:1000 in PBST. Add 100 µl of diluted detection antibody to each well. Incubate at RT for 1 h. 7. Aspirate and wash 10 times with PBST. 8. Add 100 µl of substrate solution (TMB) to each well. Incubate at RT for 10-20 min. 9. Add 50 µl of stop solution (2 N H2SO4) to each well. Read absorbance at 450 nm.
This product was changed from ascites to tissue culture supernatant on 28/11/2017. Lot numbers higher than GR308991-1 and GR308991-2 will be from tissue culture supernatant. Please note that the dilutions may need to be adjusted accordingly.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferConstituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Highest Sensitivity) (ab171522)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (High Sensitivity) (ab171523)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Fast Kinetic Rate) (ab171524)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slow Kinetic Rate) (ab171525)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slower Kinetic Rate) (ab171526)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slowest Kinetic Rate) (ab171527)
- 450 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171529)
- 650 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171531)
- Immunoassay Blocking Buffer (ab171534)
- Immunoassay Blocking (BSA Free) (ab171535)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab5258 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
This antibody can be used in two-site ELISA for the determination of human IFN-a2b.
It recognizes a different epitope than monoclonal antibody 9D3 (ab9386).
We recommend using this antibody (ab5258) as a detection antibody.
FunctionProduced by macrophages, IFN-alpha have antiviral activities.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the alpha/beta interferon family.
- Information by UniProt
- Alpha 2a interferon antibody
- IFN alpha 2b antibody
- IFN-alpha-2 antibody
This product has been referenced in:
- Chen J et al. Dissolving microneedle-based intradermal delivery of interferon-a-2b. Drug Dev Ind Pharm 42:890-6 (2016). Read more (PubMed: 26467418) »
- Podobnik B et al. Conjugation of PolyPEG to interferon alpha extends serum half-life while maintaining low viscosity of the conjugate. Bioconjug Chem 26:452-9 (2015). Read more (PubMed: 25629733) »