Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [9D3] to Interferon alpha 2b
- Suitable for: Sandwich ELISA, Inhibition Assay, WB, Indirect ELISA, Neutralising
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Interferon alpha 2b antibody [9D3]
See all Interferon alpha 2b primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [9D3] to Interferon alpha 2b
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Sandwich ELISA, Inhibition Assay, WB, Indirect ELISA, Neutralisingmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Human Interferon alpha 2b.
Database link: P01563
- Purchase matching WB positive control:Recombinant Human Interferon alpha 2b protein
- WB: Human interferon-alpha 2b.
This product was changed from ascites to tissue culture supernatant on 28/11/2017. Lot numbers higher than GR314306-1 will be from tissue culture supernatant. Please note that the dilutions may need to be adjusted accordingly.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9386 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Sandwich ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
This antibody can be used in a sandwich ELISA for the determination of human IFN-a2b. It recognizes different epitopes than anti-Interferon alpha 2b antibody [4E10] (HRP) (ab5258). We recommend using this antibody as a capture antibody and ab5258 as a detection antibody.
|Inhibition Assay||1/400 - 1/1000.|
|WB||1/1000 - 1/5000.
At 5 µg/ml, this antibody inhibits 90% of IFN-a2b antiviral activity in vitro: The bioassay was performed using L41 cell line and mouse encephalomyocarditis virus (EMCV). Interferon was pre-incubated with the ab9386 for 2 hours at RT and then added to the cell monolayer. 24 hours later the cells were infected with EMCV and cultured for further 24 hours. Antiviral activity of IFN was evaluated using crystal-violet staining. PAbs to respective interferons and an irrelevant MAb of same isotype were used as controls.
|Indirect ELISA||1/1000 - 1/10000.|
|Neutralising||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionProduced by macrophages, IFN-alpha have antiviral activities.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the alpha/beta interferon family.
- Information by UniProt
- Alpha 2a interferon antibody
- IFN alpha 2b antibody
- IFN-alpha-2 antibody
The nitrocellulose membrane was blocked for 1 hour at room temperature with 5% milk in TBST buffer. The individual blots were probed to detect the appropriate model protein for 1 hour at room temperature on a shaker.
ab9386 was used at 1 μg/ml diluted in TBST. After briefly washing the blot membranes with TBST, the secondary antibody was added for 1 hour at room temperature with shaking. The secondary goat anti-mouse AP conjugated antibody was diluted 1:10,000 in TBST.
For full details see figure 11.
Standard curve for the determination of human interferon-alpha 2b by two-epitope ELISA: capture antibody 9D3 (ab9386), peroxidase-labeled antibody 4E10 (ab9388).
Neutralizing activity of monoclonal antibody 9D3 in vitro. Interferon antiviral bioassay: L41 cells, mouse encephalomyacarditis virus (EMCV). Antibodies at 5 µg/ml. Control 1 - without EMCV (non-infected cells), control 2 - without interferon, control 3 - irrelevant antibody.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab9386 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Landowski CP et al. Enabling low cost biopharmaceuticals: high level interferon alpha-2b production in Trichoderma reesei. Microb Cell Fact 15:104 (2016). PubMed: 27287473
- Chen J et al. Dissolving microneedle-based intradermal delivery of interferon-a-2b. Drug Dev Ind Pharm 42:890-6 (2016). PubMed: 26467418
- Podobnik B et al. Conjugation of PolyPEG to interferon alpha extends serum half-life while maintaining low viscosity of the conjugate. Bioconjug Chem 26:452-9 (2015). PubMed: 25629733
- Landowski CP et al. Enabling Low Cost Biopharmaceuticals: A Systematic Approach to Delete Proteases from a Well-Known Protein Production Host Trichoderma reesei. PLoS One 10:e0134723 (2015). PubMed: 26309247
- Zhang Q et al. Expression of hepatitis B virus surface antigen determinants in Lactococcus lactis for oral vaccination. Microbiol Res 166:111-20 (2011). WB . PubMed: 20227266
- Zhang Q et al. Improvement of human interferon alpha secretion by Lactococcus lactis. Biotechnol Lett 32:1271-7 (2010). WB . PubMed: 20431909
- Kisand K et al. Interferon autoantibodies associated with AIRE-deficiency decrease the expression of IFN-stimulated genes. Blood : (2008). PubMed: 18606876
- Arlen PA et al. Field production and functional evaluation of chloroplast-derived interferon-alpha2b. Plant Biotechnol J 5:511-25 (2007). WB ; Human . PubMed: 17490449