Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [7B6] to Interferon gamma
- Suitable for: WB, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Cow
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Interferon gamma antibody [7B6]
See all Interferon gamma primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [7B6] to Interferon gamma
Specificityab27919 recognises native and recombinant Interferon gamma.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Flow Cytmore details
Unsuitable for: ELISA
Species reactivityReacts with: Cow
The details of the immunogen for this antibody are not available.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab27919 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 19 kDa.
Is unsuitable for ELISA.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionProduced by lymphocytes activated by specific antigens or mitogens. IFN-gamma, in addition to having antiviral activity, has important immunoregulatory functions. It is a potent activator of macrophages, it has antiproliferative effects on transformed cells and it can potentiate the antiviral and antitumor effects of the type I interferons.
Tissue specificityReleased primarily from activated T lymphocytes.
Involvement in diseaseIn Caucasians, genetic variation in IFNG is associated with the risk of aplastic anemia (AA) [MIM:609135]. AA is a rare disease in which the reduction of the circulating blood cells results from damage to the stem cell pool in bone marrow. In most patients, the stem cell lesion is caused by an autoimmune attack. T-lymphocytes, activated by an endogenous or exogenous, and most often unknown antigenic stimulus, secrete cytokines, including IFN-gamma, which would in turn be able to suppress hematopoiesis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the type II (or gamma) interferon family.
modificationsProteolytic processing produces C-terminal heterogeneity, with proteins ending alternatively at Gly-150, Met-157 or Gly-161.
- Information by UniProt
- IF 1 antibody
- IFG antibody
- IFI antibody
ab27919 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Yang L et al. Comparison of Th1 and Th2 cytokines production in ovine lymph nodes during early pregnancy. Theriogenology 123:177-184 (2019). PubMed: 30308394
- Zhang L et al. Modulation of Helper T Cytokines in Thymus during Early Pregnancy in Ewes. Animals (Basel) 9:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31100843
- Weynants V et al. Quantitative assessment by flow cytometry of T-lymphocytes producing antigen-specific gamma-interferon in Brucella immune cattle. Vet Immunol Immunopathol 66:309-20 (1998). PubMed: 9880107
- Broquié G [Tuberculosis infection] Soins 23:3-5, 8 (1978). PubMed: 98846