Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [XMG1.2] to Interferon gamma
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, ELISA
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Interferon gamma antibody [XMG1.2]
See all Interferon gamma primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [XMG1.2] to Interferon gamma
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
E. coli expressed, recombinant mouse IFN gamma.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab23637 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Flow Cyt: Membrane permeablisation is required for this application. Use at an assay dependent dilution.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionProduced by lymphocytes activated by specific antigens or mitogens. IFN-gamma, in addition to having antiviral activity, has important immunoregulatory functions. It is a potent activator of macrophages, it has antiproliferative effects on transformed cells and it can potentiate the antiviral and antitumor effects of the type I interferons.
Tissue specificityReleased primarily from activated T lymphocytes.
Involvement in diseaseIn Caucasians, genetic variation in IFNG is associated with the risk of aplastic anemia (AA) [MIM:609135]. AA is a rare disease in which the reduction of the circulating blood cells results from damage to the stem cell pool in bone marrow. In most patients, the stem cell lesion is caused by an autoimmune attack. T-lymphocytes, activated by an endogenous or exogenous, and most often unknown antigenic stimulus, secrete cytokines, including IFN-gamma, which would in turn be able to suppress hematopoiesis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the type II (or gamma) interferon family.
modificationsProteolytic processing produces C-terminal heterogeneity, with proteins ending alternatively at Gly-150, Met-157 or Gly-161.
- Information by UniProt
- IF 1 antibody
- IFG antibody
- IFI antibody
ab23637 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Zhou Y et al. MicroRNA-29a induces insulin resistance by targeting PPARd in skeletal muscle cells. Int J Mol Med 37:931-8 (2016). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 26936652
- Hsieh B et al. In vivo cytokine production in murine listeriosis. Evidence for immunoregulation by gamma delta+ T cells. J Immunol 156:232-7 (1996). PubMed: 8598467
- Cherwinski HM et al. Two types of mouse helper T cell clone. III. Further differences in lymphokine synthesis between Th1 and Th2 clones revealed by RNA hybridization, functionally monospecific bioassays, and monoclonal antibodies. J Exp Med 166:1229-44 (1987). PubMed: 2960769