Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Intersectin 1
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Intersectin 1 antibody
See all Intersectin 1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Intersectin 1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Recombinant fragment, corresponding to amino acids 646-840 of Human Intersectin 1 (BC116186).
- Human fetal brain lysate
FormLyophilized:Reconstitute in 200µl Steriled Distilled Water
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituent: 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab118262 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 195 kDa.|
FunctionAdapter protein that may provide indirect link between the endocytic membrane traffic and the actin assembly machinery. May regulate the formation of clathrin-coated vesicles. Isoform 1 could be involved in brain-specific synaptic vesicle recycling. Inhibits ARHGAP31 activity toward RAC1.
Tissue specificityIsoform 2 is ubiquitous in adult and fetal tissues with high expression in skeletal muscle, heart, spleen, ovary, testis and all fetal tissues tested and low expression in thymus, blood, lung, liver and pancreas. Isoform 1 is expressed almost exclusively in the brain, in all brain regions. Not expressed in the spinal cord.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 C2 domain.
Contains 1 DH (DBL-homology) domain.
Contains 2 EF-hand domains.
Contains 2 EH domains.
Contains 1 PH domain.
Contains 5 SH3 domains.
DomainSH3-3, SH3-4 and SH3-5, but not SH3-1 and SH3-2 domains, bind to dynamin (By similarity). SH3-1 and SH3-4 bind to ARHGAP31.
The KLERQ domain binds to SNAP-25 and SNAP-23.
Cellular localizationEndomembrane system. Cell junction > synapse > synaptosome. Cell projection > lamellipodium.
- Information by UniProt
- Human intersectin SH3 domain containing protein SH3P17 antibody
- Intersectin 1 SH3 domain protein antibody
- intersectin 1 short form variant 3 antibody
ab118262 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Xie C et al. Intersectin 1 (ITSN1) identified by comprehensive bioinformatic analysis and experimental validation as a key candidate biological target in breast cancer. Onco Targets Ther 12:7079-7093 (2019). PubMed: 31564893
- Ashraf S et al. Mutations in six nephrosis genes delineate a pathogenic pathway amenable to treatment. Nat Commun 9:1960 (2018). PubMed: 29773874
- Humphries AC et al. Cdc42 and the Rho GEF intersectin-1 collaborate with Nck to promote N-WASP-dependent actin polymerisation. J Cell Sci 127:673-85 (2014). PubMed: 24284073